Fans make Liverpool takeover move

bawan

How many Spanish ones are proper members' 'clubs'? I know Barca are and you hear about presidential elections at Real Madrid etc.

The decisions made by the members are normally just to elect the person promising the most "trophy signings"... :icon_lol:

About time MOTD shook things up and got a few different faces in now and again imo.

See my posts going back years!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

I've been saying it for ages. It's like an old boys' club.

How many Spanish ones are proper members' 'clubs'? I know Barca are and you hear about presidential elections at Real Madrid etc.

The decisions made by the members are normally just to elect the person promising the most "trophy signings"... :icon_lol:

Aaah. :nufc:

About time MOTD shook things up and got a few different faces in now and again imo.

All this 'motty' 'lawro' 'J.P' shite, and now we have Shearer cosying up to them. Must go or I'll bust a blood vessel. :icon_lol:

Something we should look into oneday.

Whenever the German system is mentioned it gets totally romanticised. The legal structures have changed in the last decade very much and are much more similar to the English system now. Most clubs here are in fact public or private limited companies where "members" have little to say, but decisions are made on by governing bodies.

What's the difference between a members club and a private company with fan shareholders? Do the german clubs have specific limitaions against the amassing of share blocks?

I'd love to see RICO on there.

Actually, scratch that. Remember the fans' forum on ITV? :nufc:

Bring back Andy's Tactics Truck! :icon_lol:

Whenever the German system is mentioned it gets totally romanticised. The legal structures have changed in the last decade very much and are much more similar to the English system now. Most clubs here are in fact public or private limited companies where "members" have little to say, but decisions are made on by governing bodies.

What's the difference between a members club and a private company with fan shareholders? Do the german clubs have specific limitaions against the amassing of share blocks?

There are loads of differences, a major one is that in a member club every member has one vote among shareholders his votes reflect the quota of his shares. Most professional clubs in Germany now have the structure that the football department is spun off into a separate private limited company where the member club holds a minimum of 50% of the shares. Members basically don't elect presidents, chairmen etc. as well which is done by supervising boards (who are at best elected by members). In the end the members of the "clubs" have nothing to say. And rightly so.

There are loads of differences, a major one is that in a member club every member has one vote among shareholders his votes reflect the quota of his shares. Most professional clubs in Germany now have the structure that the football department is spun off into a separate private limited company where the member club holds a minimum of 50% of the shares. Members basically don't elect presidents, chairmen etc. as well which is done by supervising boards (who are at best elected by members). In the end the members of the "clubs" have nothing to say. And rightly so.

So the member club, made up of one man one vote shareholders, only has a veto power on the management decisions of the commercial shareholders of the football company, and no say in the actual decisions made by the company? Don't they even get to ratify progress plans? Where is the benefit in coughing up to become a member fan?

So the member club, made up of one man one vote shareholders, only has a veto power on the management decisions of the commercial shareholders of the football company, and no say in the actual decisions made by the company? Don't they even get to ratify progress plans? Where is the benefit in coughing up to become a member fan?

You get free pens at AGMs . :icon_lol:

...as well as preferential rights regarding tickets etc., but your power to influence is very limited to non-existent.

...as well as preferential rights regarding tickets etc., but your power to influence is very limited to non-existent.

Tell me they at least get a dividend of some sort?

No. A member club is an idealistic not an economical corporation.

All this 'motty' 'lawro' 'J.P' shite, and now we have Shearer cosying up to them. Must go or I'll bust a blood vessel. :icon_lol:

Used to love it when Danny Baker got irate about the 'Readers Wives' :nufc:

Used to drive him potty when they'd say "He'll be unhappy with that" or "He was unlucky there". Call it like it is Wrighty you twat! Your son was a fucking disgrace to the shirt!

No. A member club is an idealistic not an economical corporation.

I know that, but compare what the FC United members can vote on and decide regarding club affairs. At the end of the day, even as a just an idealistic concept, this looks like a bum deal.

Aaah. :nufc:

They do however get a chance to kick people out they are sick of every now and again. The Barca system and the general ethos of the club is something imo I would welcome in an ideal world.