Routers and Mozilla / Firefox

LeazesMag

my neighbour accidentally screwed up his PC through uninstallign some programs. Basically all his desktop icons disappeared because he'd lost a dll file and was getting a message to install windows [which is windows 98, yep I know, but he's a pensioner]

I went over and reinstalled his windows for him from the disk and now all his photos etc are restored.

However, he can't get onto the internet, and because he can't get onto the internet , he can't get firefox nor is his avast working.

At least, this seems logical to me based on what I can see. I don't use firefox or a router so I'm shooting in the dark here.

So ..... can anyone tell me what his IE/OE settings should be etc, to enable him to log onto the internet via this Belkin router ?

It also doesn't really enable us to re-boot the router if I put the disk into the drive.

Or am I heading in the wrong direction.

Im shooting in the dark here as its an old operating system and a router Im not familiar with but make sure the router is attached and switched on then open IE and type in 192.168.2.1 in the address bar.

This should open the routers control panel, if it doesnt try replacing the .2.1 with .0.1 or .1.1

You will need a password for the router, which should be in the documentation or will be one set by your neighbour.

Once in there you should be able to tweak the settings and may need to reinstall the broadband details.

Im shooting in the dark here as its an old operating system and a router Im not familiar with but make sure the router is attached and switched on then open IE and type in 192.168.2.1 in the address bar.

This should open the routers control panel, if it doesnt try replacing the .2.1 with .0.1 or .1.1

You will need a password for the router, which should be in the documentation or will be one set by your neighbour.

Once in there you should be able to tweak the settings and may need to reinstall the broadband details.

was told yesterday that this ip is the key too. I'll try it, thanks mate