BBC Gossip Page

Tom

CHELSEA MANAGER LATEST

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is still in contention to take over at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Express)

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Jose Mourinho will raid his former club Chelsea to sign Frank Lampard, Ricardo Carvalho and Didier Drogba when he is confirmed as Inter Milan boss. (The Sun, The Independent)

Chelsea's England wide-man Shaun Wright-Phillips is a £10m target for Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp. (The Sun)

Arsenal have sealed the signing of midfielder Samir Nasri from Marseille for £12.5m. (Daily Telegraph)

Tottenham are on the verge of signing Sevilla winger Diego Capel after agreeing to match an £11.5million buy-out clause. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso is on the verge of joining Juventus for £16m. (Various)

West Ham could sign striker Davide Lanzafame, 21, on loan from Juventus for next season. (The Independent)

Aston Villa will launch an £8m bid to sign England's rising goalkeeper Joe Hart from Manchester City. (Daily Star)

Hull will make their first signing since winning promotion to the Premier League by completing the £750,000 capture of on-loan Derby midfielder Craig Fagan. (The Sun)

Middlesbrough are set to bid £2m for Sheffield United midfielder Stephen Quinn. (The Sun)

Stephen Simmons is in talks with Dundee after the midfielder rejected a new contract at Dunfermline. (Daily Record)

Cardiff midfielder Peter Whittingham is on his way to Nottingham Forest. (The Sun)

Barcelona are ready to move for Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb. (Various)

Arsenal are leading the race to sign Wolves's highly rated goalkeeper Wayne Hennessy. (Daily Mirror)

Everton, Newcastle and Middlesbrough are also in the chase to capture the keeper. (Daily Star)

Charlton and Crystal Palace will battle it out to sign Blackpool winger Wes Hoolahan, who is available for a cut-price £250,000. (Daily Star)

Rangers will sell Filip Sebo to French club Valenciennes for £1m. (Daily Record)

Wolves have tabled a £1m bid for Peterborough hot-shot Aaron McLean. (The Sun)

Hearts have rejected a £500,000 bid from Burnley for winger Andrew Driver. (Daily Star)

Sunderland manager Roy Keane wants to sign Newcastle's Damien Duff, Reading's Stephen Hunt and Aiden McGeady of Celtic. (Daily Mail)

Norwich and Crystal Palace are keen to sign Arsenal youngster Gavin Hoyte, 17, on a season-long loan. (The Sun, Daily Star)

Coventry City want Derby defender Dean Leacock. (Daily Star)

OTHER GOSSIP

Dean Ashton has agreed a new five-year contract at West Ham and will almost treble his salary. (Daily Star)

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has warned the club they face losing their best players unless they alter their wage structure. (Various)

Mark Beevers has snubbed a £2m move to Chelsea in order to stay with Sheffield Wednesday. (Daily Star)

Wycombe are set to appoint former England caretaker boss Peter Taylor as their new manager. (Daily Star)

AND FINALLY

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra decided to sack manager Sven-Goran Eriksson because he believed the Swede would be willing to quit the club for Chelsea. (Daily Express)

16 mil pounds for Alonso....................nice piece of business by Rafa there.

yeah whats with that , i cant undertand why your flogging him ?

considering alonso has peformed year after year , and barry is only this years media bumboy , i wouldnt be fooled by the hype tbh , rather stick with xabi , where the fuck was barry these past 5 year ?

16 mil pounds for Alonso....................nice piece of business by Rafa there.

He's class. Big loss for Liverpool if he goes tbh.

Nah..........he had a poor season this year and seems a shadow of his former self. The arrival of Masch seems to have forced him down the pecking order. I`d love to get Barry instead.

yeah whats with that , i cant undertand why your flogging him ?

considering alonso has peformed year after year , and barry is only this years media bumboy , i wouldnt be fooled by the hype tbh , rather stick with xabi , where the fuck was barry these past 5 year ?

Barry has broken into the English tgeam with a club like Villa................he`d improve tremendously at Anfield. Xabi - as much as I like him - isn`t cutting it.

Guest alex

I'm not sure Barry's the player to take you forward. I like him though but I think he's hit a purple patch. Not sure he'd improve tremendously, as you put it, at Liverpool. He certainly doesn't look out of place in an England shirt though. Do you think Benitez might look to play him and Mascherano as holding players with three attacking midfielders and one up front? It's quite a common formation in Spain.

Villa are one of the most consistent teams going.

Yeah...........................consistently average!

Average Premier League finish of around the top 6...

So in a league of twenty I would say that's above average...

I'm not sure Barry's the player to take you forward. I like him though but I think he's hit a purple patch. Not sure he'd improve tremendously, as you put it, at Liverpool. He certainly doesn't look out of place in an England shirt though. Do you think Benitez might look to play him and Mascherano as holding players with three attacking midfielders and one up front? It's quite a common formation in Spain.

I do and I hope he will. Barry is a very solid player and he`s also more athletic and stronger than Alonso. Alonso is a class player but he gets pushed about too easily and is a bit slow to get back against fast breaking teams. Even if Barry continues to play as he does, I feel he will improve us greatly.

Guest alex

Alonso is basically a class footballer but, as you say, lacking in the athleticism. I think he'll do well at Juve though. Lovely passer of the ball.

Edited by alex

'around the top 6' doesn`t mean in the top 6....................so I would call that average.

'around the top 6' doesn`t mean in the top 6....................so I would call that average.

Their overall Premier league spot is 5th.

In a league of 20 teams.

That's above average. :nufc:

In a league of 20 teams.

Can you back that up with any credible source or are you just talking through you`re arse again trying to look good?

In a league of 20 teams.

Can you back that up with any credible source or are you just talking through you`re arse again trying to look good?

No!..............thought as much. :scratchchin:

In a league of 20 teams.

No!..............thought as much. :scratchchin:

You thought wrong.

leaguetablejw8.jpg

Looks very above average to me. :D

In a league of 20 teams.

No!..............thought as much. :D

You thought wrong.

leaguetablejw8.jpg

Looks very above average to me. :rolleyes:

If that is correct then I concede that you are correct on this occasion......................however we clearly have different understandings of what average means! :scratchchin::rolleyes:

In a league of 20 teams.

No!..............thought as much. :rolleyes:

You thought wrong.

leaguetablejw8.jpg

Looks very above average to me. :rolleyes:

If that is correct then I concede that you are correct on this occasion......................however we clearly have different understandings of what average means! :scratchchin::rolleyes:

I am aware of what average means.

It' not like im going to source every single Premier finish from Villa though. :D

Harry Kewell's representative has refused to comment on claims that the Liverpool winger is set to sign for Celtic. (Press Association, 1308 BST)

Arsenal insist reports they have signed Marseille midfielder Samir Nasri for £12.5m are premature. (Press Association, 1301 BST)

Cristiano Ronaldo could make a definitive step in forcing his exit from Manchester United by putting himself on the transfer list. (Spanish sports paper Marca, 0815 BST)

Harry Kewell's representative has refused to comment on claims that the Liverpool winger is set to sign for Celtic. (Press Association, 1308 BST)

Arsenal insist reports they have signed Marseille midfielder Samir Nasri for £12.5m are premature. (Press Association, 1301 BST)

Cristiano Ronaldo could make a definitive step in forcing his exit from Manchester United by putting himself on the transfer list. (Spanish sports paper Marca, 0815 BST)

Eh?

Guest alex

Eh?

Latest updates on the Beeb Gossip Column.