I Want Mort To Stay!!!

I R Toon Fan

Quinn Bemoans Mort Congo

The Irishman, twice a winner at St James' Park as a player, was on the losing side on his first visit to the Magpies' boardroom as a Michael Owen double secured victory for the Magpies on April 20.

Asked to name his worst moment, Quinn said: "I would have have to say after the Newcastle result away.

"To see their chairman Chris Mort come into the boardroom at St James' Park doing the conga, that was hard to take."

Quinn's comments came as he was asked to reflect upon his side's first campaign back in the Premier League by the club's official website.

His best moment came on the opening day of the season which, perhaps fittingly, ended with an injury-time Michael Chopra winner against Tottenham at a packed Stadium of Light.

Quinn said: "It would have to be kick-off on the first day of the season against Tottenham Hotspur - massive crowd, back in the Premier League - it was what I attempted to make happen here and become a part of.

"I was as proud as hell of the football club."

Quinn and his Drumaville consortium poured £44million into manager Roy Keane's transfer kitty to help him build a side capable of remaining in the top flight.

However, although he was delighted in particular with the return they got from £6million striker Kenwyne Jones and £9million keeper Craig Gordon, it was a man who cost previous manager Mick McCarthy just £140,000 who caught his eye.

Quinn said: "Craig Gordon had a good year, Kenwyne was tremendous at times - he looked head and shoulders above a lot of other players in the league.

"But for consistency, it would be Danny Collins. He looked like someone who showed it's about wearing the shirt with pride and wanting to win every ball and learn."

:yes What a legend.

Guest alex
Turns out it was Mike Ashley, not Mort. I'm sure if the rolls were reversed Quinn would have been doing the same.

But they weren't :yes

Turns out it was Mike Ashley, not Mort. I'm sure if the rolls were reversed Quinn would have been doing the same.

But they weren't :yes

I know, doesn't it feel good :razz: