The James Whale sacking.

Park Life

Conspiracy therory bollocks as usual.

Brainwashed bollocks as usual. I guess in your world we aren't spending a £1m a day on a totally now pointless war (civil war) in Iraq.

I guess Blair didn't turn a country £50 billion in the black to £20 odd billion into the red?? FACTS. Not conspiracies dear.

3 fucking complaints... :icon_lol:

I honestly thought they had left a 0 off.

What the hell does any of that have to do with a broadcaster rightly being sacked for breaking one of radio's most important regulations?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brainwashed bollocks as usual. I guess in your world we aren't spending a £1m a day on a totally now pointless war (civil war) in Iraq.

I guess Blair didn't turn a country £50 billion in the black to £20 odd billion into the red?? FACTS. Not conspiracies dear.

What the hell does any of that have to do with a broadcaster rightly being sacked for breaking one of radio's most important regulations?

Your level of casual naivety is astounding.

He made a few offhand remarks about Livinstone a man who has been in radio and the media for 25 years. A warning yes...Sacking him has to be agenda driven. It comes to something that a leftie like me is having to defend a Thatcharite like Whale. Madness.

Edited by Park Life

Show me the demographic then?

I'm afraid I haven't commissioned any market research on the station recently. Read this though....

Talk Sport is probably the most moronic radio station in Britain bar Radio One and its only use is to listen to big matches when Radio Five are covering the alternative. Its broadcasters are washed up pros or knackered hacks no longer entrusted with the proper news with a bottle in the top pocket.

If you do stumble upon the station they are almostly certainly going to a "Darren from Catford" about the pros and cons of Chelsea’s back four 24/7.

It’s a constant flow of endless football talk appealing to white van drivers and the unemployed. The radio station though proudly boasts the unlikely demographics of being the most listened to broadcaster by the thirty something male professional classes. Which doesn’t explain why all the callers seem to be forklift drivers from Wallsall.

As soon as you hear the first ten callers to Alan Brazils second soccer talk show of the day you quickly realize that that bold statement couldn’t be further from the truth.

Tommy Boyd is one of those aging washed up radio pros who is paid to wind up the hapless working classes to ring in and be ridiculed. It makes for good listening late Friday night as drunks, students and wallies get a slaughting.

About sums it up.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/music-radio-statio...k-sport/349119/

I'm afraid I haven't commissioned any market research on the station recently. Read this though....

Talk Sport is probably the most moronic radio station in Britain bar Radio One and its only use is to listen to big matches when Radio Five are covering the alternative. Its broadcasters are washed up pros or knackered hacks no longer entrusted with the proper news with a bottle in the top pocket.

If you do stumble upon the station they are almostly certainly going to a "Darren from Catford" about the pros and cons of Chelsea’s back four 24/7.

It’s a constant flow of endless football talk appealing to white van drivers and the unemployed. The radio station though proudly boasts the unlikely demographics of being the most listened to broadcaster by the thirty something male professional classes. Which doesn’t explain why all the callers seem to be forklift drivers from Wallsall.

As soon as you hear the first ten callers to Alan Brazils second soccer talk show of the day you quickly realize that that bold statement couldn’t be further from the truth.

Tommy Boyd is one of those aging washed up radio pros who is paid to wind up the hapless working classes to ring in and be ridiculed. It makes for good listening late Friday night as drunks, students and wallies get a slaughting.

About sums it up.

You look down on normal working class people. A round of applause surely. :icon_lol:

About sums it up.

You look down on normal working class people. A round of applause surely. :icon_lol:

No, I look down on Talksport listeners.

I'm working class.

About sums it up.

That's pretty bigoted and prejudice view to be fair, in these modern times.

He made a few offhand remarks about Livinstone a man who has been in radio and the media for 25 years. A warning yes...Sacking him has to be agenda driven. It comes to something that a leftie like me is having to defend a Thatcharite like Whale. Madness.

Yup, in the end it doesn't matter whose boot in standing on your face, the issue is that someone's boot is standing on your face. Let any belief system grow too powerful unopposed and amazingly you end up at exactly the same place, just by a different path.

I can't say I'm not glad to see him gone, I found his dogmatic support for EVERYTHING Tory quite appalling, in that he used his radio presentership to further that support. He never had a good word about Labour and equally not a bad one for the Tories. Or that's how I preceived histewardship because, like somebody else said, since Tommy Boyd left, Talksport has lost it's appeal for me, except for dipping in and out of while driving.

I'm all for healthy debate but expect the presenter to act as devils advocate and to encompass all views, and most importantly, to give people a decent chance to state their view, not be cut off with a response coming only after the cut off. Most Talksport presenters do this, Boyd was one of a very few who didn't.

Good riddance I say, hopefully the guy on of a morning goes the same way.

About sums it up.

Pejudiced? To think anyone that listens to a certain radio show is a moron?

What about people that watch a TV show? Is it bigoted to call anyone that watches Big Brother a moron? Like you have in the past?

About sums it up.

3 fucking complaints... :D

Yup, in the end it doesn't matter whose boot in standing on your face, the issue is that someone's boot is standing on your face. Let any belief system grow too powerful unopposed and amazingly you end up at exactly the same place, just by a different path.

How have so many people swallowed so much shit in so little time? [famousquoteripoff/] :icon_lol:

About sums it up.

How have so many people swallowed so much shit in so little time? [famousquoteripoff/] :icon_lol:

Yeah, the way to stop people being eating shit from supporters of those in power is to keep the man on air who supported the man currently in power.

:)

About sums it up.

Pejudiced? To think anyone that listens to a certain radio show is a moron?

What about people that watch a TV show? Is it bigoted to call anyone that watches Big Brother a moron? Like you have in the past?

Touched a nerve, eh? (see my sig :icon_lol: )

I just don't understand why anyone would watch it, I don't (but then that's because I see it as what it is, not what it pretends to be I guess), but I don't listen to Talksport either.

Then again I don't pretend to be PCer than thou, and I think I am the only person left in the world that understands the idea behind the nursery rhyme sticks and stones. :D

About sums it up.

Yeah, the way to stop people being eating shit from supporters of those in power is to keep the man on air who supported the man currently in power.

:)

He's a right wing Thatcherite. You're not making sense.

A right wing Thatcherite telling people to vote for the right wing Thatcherite candidate that went on to win the mayoral election.

If you're worried about people swallowing whatever shit they hear, surely he's the kind of broadcaster you want less of. Or do you think he's going to find objectivity all of a sudden.

Yes, this is clear proof that media are trying to keep Labour in power. It also explains why Gordon Brown has had so much good press recently.

Ha ha...

The right wing media have re-aligned with the right wing. The national press that is...Not really germane to this debate though apart from scoring a silly point.

If you'd like to debate the media I'm ready. :icon_lol:

Debating with Parky is pointless, any facts you bring up are dismissed and countered with ideas you cannot prove. Isn't Talksport an independent station, the radio station who sacked him, and not one owned by the government? Or is that another "fact" that proves the opposite?

Yes, this is clear proof that media are trying to keep Labour in power. It also explains why Gordon Brown has had so much good press recently.

In all honesty Blair in his honeymoon period would have been hard pressed to talk away many of Brown's recent tax grabs (alcohol, income & road tax most notably) and other strange decisions (lecturing on not wasting food whilst dining on stuffed caviar, and most Government department throwing away vast amounts of food etc.).

He almost seem like he's trying (political) suicide by cop or something.

Debating with Parky is pointless, any facts you bring up are dismissed and countered with ideas you cannot prove. Isn't Talksport an independent station, the radio station who sacked him, and not one owned by the government? Or is that another "fact" that proves the opposite?

He's like Richard Herring.

"aaaaah!"

"No, not ahhh"

"aaah!"

A right wing Thatcherite telling people to vote for the right wing Thatcherite candidate that went on to win the mayoral election.

If you're worried about people swallowing whatever shit they hear, surely he's the kind of broadcaster you want less of. Or do you think he's going to find objectivity all of a sudden.

I want any broadcaster that will energise political debate I care little about their political stance. There isn't enough political debate in England that encourages the public to get involved. Talk Radio or whatever and whoever the demographic and characters like James Whale IMO are something our country historically has tolerated and to an extent protected. I can't help but agree that my point is somewhat abstract and probably this is the wrong issue to braid with the wider political climate in England.

Your facts so far is that he was sacked cause 3 people complained and it's aginst the ofcom rules. It is an independent station, and that is precisely my point. The BBC are so colourless a James Whale type wouldn't be tolerated.

This debate isn't really about facts it is about a more abstract concept called Free Speech. There seems little of it around these days.

In all honesty Blair in his honeymoon period would have been hard pressed to talk away many of Brown's recent tax grabs (alcohol, income & road tax most notably) and other strange decisions (lecturing on not wasting food whilst dining on stuffed caviar, and most Government department throwing away vast amounts of food etc.).

Brown has been left holding the bag.

Brown has been left holding the bag.

Aye, Blair showed his usual skill at timing there. He's probably regretting not being a bit more patient about the top job now. It's going to be interesting if they have to break his "golden rule" though (which is what all the tax grabs are about).

Your facts so far is that he was sacked cause 3 people complained and it's aginst the ofcom rules. It is an independent station, and that is precisely my point. The BBC are so colourless a James Whale type wouldn't be tolerated.

This debate isn't really about facts it is about a more abstract concept called Free Speech. There seems little of it around these days.

Free speech was banned because it may cause offence. :icon_lol:

Parky, You seem to be confusing free speech and the discussion of opposing views in a forum the public at large can access, with free speech for a miniscule population of tv and radio presenters.

As a chairperson of a discussion, it should be James Whale's place to invite views from any side of an argument and stimulate the debate by playing devils advocate with each individual he talks to, without ever disclosing a personal point of view. In giving his own view, and arguing most vehemently for it he can only invite sycophantic agreement from one side and a harshly opposed disagreement from the other, where the presenter holds the position of power in being able to censor whatever dissenting voices do call in.

Edited by Happy Face

Yes, so if it's an independent station how does his sacking off him stink of a conspiracy because he's anti-Labour (and thus anti-government) when the radio station aren't controlled by the government? If the station want to sack him, then that's their buisness.

Oh, the debate isn't about facts is it, my apologies for pointing out the blinding obvious ones that undermine your conspiracy claptrap.