South Ossetia

Rob W

Guest Stevie
We'll nuke Poland

By GRAEME WILSON

Deputy Political Editor

Published: Today

rigTeaserImage

RUSSIA threatened to NUKE Poland yesterday as the world faced the prospect of a terrifying new Cold War.

The chilling threat was issued by a top general of Vladimir Putin amid mounting tensions over the war in Georgia.

Gen Anatoly Nogovitsy lashed out after Poland agreed to help the US create a “missile shield” over Europe. He said: “Poland is making itself a target. Such targets are destroyed as a first priority.”

Nuclear threat ... General Anatoly Nogovitsy

Gen Nogovitsy stressed Moscow was ready to use nuclear weapons “against allies of countries having nuclear weapons if they in some way help them”. Russia is furious Poland has said the US can put an interceptor base and a battery of Patriot missiles on its territory.

President Dmitry Medvedev, ruling under the direction of predecessor Mr Putin, said the missile defences were aimed at Russia.

He branded US claims that they are a deterrent against rogue states “a fairy tale”.

Russia are never going to get better in my opinion. They'll always be a massive threat. The ways of the KGB are still very much part of their system and ethic. The West has took it's eye off the ball in the last 10 years I feel, the Russians are every bit as much of a threat as the Muslim radicals.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll nuke Poland

By GRAEME WILSON

Deputy Political Editor

rigTeaserImage

RUSSIA threatened to NUKE Poland yesterday as the world faced the prospect of a terrifying new Cold War.

The chilling threat was issued by a top general of Vladimir Putin amid mounting tensions over the war in Georgia.

Gen Anatoly Nogovitsy lashed out after Poland agreed to help the US create a “missile shield” over Europe. He said: “Poland is making itself a target. Such targets are destroyed as a first priority.”

Gen Nogovitsy stressed Moscow was ready to use nuclear weapons “against allies of countries having nuclear weapons if they in some way help them”. Russia is furious Poland has said the US can put an interceptor base and a battery of Patriot missiles on its territory.

President Dmitry Medvedev, ruling under the direction of predecessor Mr Putin, said the missile defences were aimed at Russia.

He branded US claims that they are a deterrent against rogue states “a fairy tale”.

Russia are never going to get better in my opinion. They'll always be a massive threat. The ways of the KGB are still very much part of their system and ethic. The West has took it's eye off the ball in the last 10 years I feel, the Russians are every bit as much of a threat as the Muslim radicals.

I'm no apologist for the current Russian regime but don't you think the US placing a missile shield in a country that neighbours Russia is a rather aggressive act? The US nearly went to war with the Soviets over a similar act (in reverse) over forty years ago.

Guest Stevie
We'll nuke Poland

By GRAEME WILSON

Deputy Political Editor

rigTeaserImage

I'm no apologist for the current Russian regime but don't you think the US placing a missile shield in a country that neighbours Russia is a rather aggressive act? The US nearly went to war with the Soviets over a similar act (in reverse) over forty years ago.

The Americans have offered the Russians the opportunity to be part of this shield, and they said fuck off. The Cuban thing wasn't an anti missile shield though, it was a direct threat to the US, with nukes 80 miles from their shores.

Edited by Stevie

We'll nuke Poland

By GRAEME WILSON

Deputy Political Editor

rigTeaserImage

The Americans have offered the Russians the opportunity to be part of this shield, and they said fuck off.

Do you really buy into that sort of propaganda?

Guest Stevie
We'll nuke Poland

By GRAEME WILSON

Deputy Political Editor

rigTeaserImage

The Americans have offered the Russians the opportunity to be part of this shield, and they said fuck off.

Propaganda? The Russians could just say they weren't even asked, but they haven't have they?

We'll nuke Poland

By GRAEME WILSON

Deputy Political Editor

rigTeaserImage

Propaganda? The Russians could just say they weren't even asked, but they haven't have they?

As though the offer was genuine man. The USA were going to hand over this over to the people it was developed to work against. :lol: Tabloids wet dream you are.

Guest Stevie
We'll nuke Poland

By GRAEME WILSON

Deputy Political Editor

rigTeaserImage

As though the offer was genuine man. The USA were going to hand over this over to the people it was developed to work against. :lol: Tabloids wet dream you are.

That's rubbish. You clearly haven't followed developments over the last few years. The Russians actually rejected the yank offer. They took it seriously enough to publicly reject it.

It was win-win for the US man. In the extremely highly unlikely event that the Russians said yes the Americans would have had military-bases in Russia (never, ever going to happen btw), if they said no they had an argument that gave justification to their putting bases in Poland etc. Think about it man.

Guest Stevie
It was win-win for the US man. In the extremely highly unlikely event that the Russians said yes the Americans would have had military-bases in Russia (never, ever going to happen btw), if they said no they had an argument that gave justification to their putting bases in Poland etc. Think about it man.

Do you seriously think their policies are based on the fact that Russia would say yes or no to something???? :lol: Fuckin hell "man"

Do you seriously think their policies are based on the fact that Russia would say yes or no to something???? :lol: Fuckin hell "man"

Where did I say that? Who do you honestly think this missile defence shield has been developed to protect the US against?

Guest Stevie

Where did I say that? Who do you honestly think this missile defence shield has been developed to protect the US against?

The bit highlighted. Rogue states like Iran.

Tabloids wet dream man. Like I said.

Guest Stevie

You're entitled to your opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Let's get this right then. Do you think the US are putting this into Poland to protect them from Iran?

Guest Stevie

I think they're putting it up for Eastern threats in general. They wanted Russia to be allies clearly. Let me get this straight you think this plan was put in place directly to counter the Russian threat?

I think they're putting it up for Eastern threats in general. They wanted Russia to be allies clearly. Let me get this straight you think this plan was put in place directly to counter the Russian threat?

Yes. Have you just heard about it btw? :lol:

Guest Stevie

It sounds quite clearly like you have :lol: Broadsheets wet dream man.

Not sure you're clever enough to have meant that. Cheers though :icon_lol:

Guest Stevie

Not sure you're clever enough to have meant that. Cheers though :lol:

Oh dear :icon_lol:

Anyway regardless of other issues this is still an aggressive act by the USA against Russia and one which there would be uproar about were the reverse happening.

Guest Stevie
Anyway regardless of other issues this is still an aggressive act by the USA against Russia and one which there would be uproar about were the reverse happening.

Offering Russia to share in a shield isn't an act of aggression, but relations have soured since then.

I always thought America had some sort of weapons presence in Turkey.

Offering Russia to share in a shield isn't an act of aggression, but relations have soured since then.

I always thought America had some sort of weapons presence in Turkey.

I never said that was an agressive act. It was an empty gesture with a blatant agenda though imo.

Turkey are in NATO. And?

Are you talking to me you southern cunt?

Not particlularly. Otherwise I would have quoted you.

:lol:

I hope to god you're not addressing me in the same vain as Gejonah?? :lol:

Edited by Park Life