South Ossetia

Rob W

Those sneaky Russians will look to provoke something again soon. Get those Tridents ready, point 50 of them at Moscow.

It might interest you to know Russia has no missile pointed at Europe, something which cheeses the Americans off quite some. So when the U.S. go on about enlarging the def shield into Poland and CZ the Russians start to think about re- allinging thier ballistic missiles. Think about it.

I think you are wrong here Parky - I'm sure they announced they'd gone back to targetting us after the problems in the Ukraine

I said Europe. B)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those sneaky Russians will look to provoke something again soon. Get those Tridents ready, point 50 of them at Moscow.

It might interest you to know Russia has no missile pointed at Europe, something which cheeses the Americans off quite some. So when the U.S. go on about enlarging the def shield into Poland and CZ the Russians start to think about re- allinging thier ballistic missiles. Think about it.

And prey tell, how do you know this to be fact?

I believe this to be a naive thought on your part. Russia sees NATO as a threat, its government has a cold war mentality, so therefore it would be silly on their part not to have a few missiles tipped with a nuclear warhead to be aimed at NATO bases, even before the hawkish Americans decided to ask Poland and the Czechs to use it to set up a defensive missile shield.

NATO will soon be dismantled. B)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/jun/0...ories3.politics

"The new cold war: Russia's missiles to target EuropeKremlin warning on eve of G8 as gulf widens over US defence shield plansLuke Harding in Moscow The Guardian, Monday June 4 2007 Article history

The Russian president Vladimir Putin. Photograph: Mikhail Metzel/AP

President Vladimir Putin yesterday declared that a new arms race and cold war with the west had begun and announced that Russia would retaliate against US missile defence plans in Europe by pointing its missiles at European cities.

In a hawkish speech that sets the stage for a frosty G8 summit this week, Mr Putin launched an extraordinary broadside at the west over missile defence, Kosovo and democratic standards...." etc etc

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/jun/0...ories3.politics

"The new cold war: Russia's missiles to target EuropeKremlin warning on eve of G8 as gulf widens over US defence shield plansLuke Harding in Moscow The Guardian, Monday June 4 2007 Article history

The Russian president Vladimir Putin. Photograph: Mikhail Metzel/AP

President Vladimir Putin yesterday declared that a new arms race and cold war with the west had begun and announced that Russia would retaliate against US missile defence plans in Europe by pointing its missiles at European cities.

In a hawkish speech that sets the stage for a frosty G8 summit this week, Mr Putin launched an extraordinary broadside at the west over missile defence, Kosovo and democratic standards...." etc etc

As I said they weren't beforehand. It is a reaction to the shield.

doesn't matter a damn either way

when they come a few Patriot missiles aren't going to stop them

and all the Yansk are doing is feedign Russian paranoia

doesn't matter a damn either way

when they come a few Patriot missiles aren't going to stop them

and all the Yansk are doing is feedign Russian paranoia

Will I have time to get to me bunker in Sweden?

THEY are first on the list

years of goody two shoesing around as neutrals whilst armed to the teeth stirring up s*** in the Baltic republics and handing all sorts of recce info to the Yanks

THEY are first on the list

years of goody two shoesing around as neutrals whilst armed to the teeth stirring up s*** in the Baltic republics and handing all sorts of recce info to the Yanks

Where's best within 3/4 hrs drive from Hamburg?

South Denmark I'd guess - but you ARE downwind of the UK which will be a blackened ruin by then

Denmark it is then. Not sure it's as easy as Sweden for bunkers....Most Swedes have one now (little known fact). B)