Poor little Manuel

Happy Face

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very funny though, is it?

It's not especially funny or offensive. But once the witch-hunt starts rolling it has a life of its own.

I think it's beyond the pale like. Ok if he was on the other end of the phone fine, but leaving stuff like that on someones machine....No.

It's not especially funny or offensive. But once the witch-hunt starts rolling it has a life of its own.

I think it's beyond the pale like. Ok if he was on the other end of the phone fine, but leaving stuff like that on someones machine....No.

Yeah, it's certainly OTT, but to have the fucking PM commenting on it? :icon_lol: That makes OTT look positively restrained and mundane.

It's a feeding frenzy which has little, if anything, to do with what actually happened or was said.

It's also fairly daft to get offended at the truth (I would guess a lot of people thought he'd just made it up - I certainly assumed he had from the way it was reported), she must have known exactly what she was doing when she spread her legs for Mr Brand, and I can't imagine it was marriage, a picket fence and 5 children she was thinking about when doing it.

Edited by Fop

As I've said before far too much has been made of it but it's still out of order. As for the witch-hunt, one thing strikes me about all these complaints (especially now Brand has gone anyway), a lot of people dislike Jonathon Ross, don't they?

I don't think they did tbh.

They recorded the answermachine message from his phone and just used it for a comedy bit.

Sachs never even knew about it until days later when he had to get it off BBC listen again to hear it.

Honestly, the whole thing is fucked. Next they'll be telling Viz they can't do a Fred West teddy bear.

As I've said before far too much has been made of it but it's still out of order. As for the witch-hunt, one thing strikes me about all these complaints (especially now Brand has gone anyway), a lot of people dislike Jonathon Ross, don't they?

I think that's what it is, axes to grind, and people always mob when they see people as being vulnerable (that's pretty much where mob kicking deaths come from).

Brand will be laughing all the way to the bank in the end though, I suspect.

_45153459_underwear_getty_226.jpg

:icon_lol:

I'd say Brand is delighted to be gone from the Beeb.

I see he's going to be in a horrible Adam Sandler film this Christmas that will probably make 100million at the box office.

Probably be doing a radio show in the USA for £2,000,000 a year soon, never mind £200,000. :icon_lol:

Media language is being downgraded from "offensive" and "explicit" to "crude" (probably because she'd admitted to doing him and the transcript is more widely available. [/shitstormover] :icon_lol:

Heard Paul Gambaccini (sp?) on the radio this morning and Brand sounds like a bit of a twat. Basically any time a producer tried to stop him doing something on air he went to the head of Radio 2 and got them sacked. Seems like no one had the balls to tell him what to do.

:icon_lol: Course it isnt. I would just love someone to phone my grandad up and leave messages like this on his phone, even more so when he had explicitly asked them not to. Oh, and using taxpaters money on the BBC too.

-He fucked your granddaughter

-I'm sorry, I'll do anything. I wore a condom.

-She wasn't menstrual, it was consensual lovely sex

-Kiss him up and down his body apologising, drench him in gin.

-Masturbate him to say sorry. Make him feel better.

-This will make up for it. Go on finish it, into the palm of my hand. Good girl for uncle daddy

Says who? That really doesnt change why its offensice though does it? Whether it was on his answerphone or broadcast on national radio

The BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7694989.stm

SATURDAY 18 OCTOBER

The show is broadcast between 2100 and 2300 BST

WEDNESDAY 22 OCTOBER

Sachs' agent Meg Pool is alerted to the contents of the broadcast when a journalist for the Mail of Sunday phones her for a comment. She and Sachs listen to an online recording of the show which leaves the actor "offended very much indeed".

Of course it makes a diffference, otherwise HIGNFY, Mock The Week and Never Mind The Buzzcocks to name just a few will have to be taken off the air for taking the piss.

I'm disappointed they didn't actually leave the messages on his ansaphone. :icon_lol:

Even though you thought it was 'beyond the pale'.

Well quite, I don't think it's such a big deal now, hence my post.

Disappointed at the furore then? Fair enough.

I'm disappointed they didn't actually leave the messages on his ansaphone. :)

Even though you thought it was 'beyond the pale'.

Well quite, I don't think it's such a big deal now, hence my post.

Disappointed at the furore then? Fair enough.

Yes and my rather ill judged sojourn into this arena. :lol:

I've always quite liked Brand, but mainly for his Guardian column...Woss on the other hand I find mildly irritating and a 'carpetbagger' of little talent. I have respect for him not as a performer but as a manipulator of various scenarios by which he has become a very rich man...After selling Channel X for a £1 back in the day.

The other reason for my heavy heart is that it is clear the people have been led by the nose (inc me) for which I can only offer a full apology to all my fans. :icon_lol:

The other reason for my heavy heart is that it is clear the people have been led by the nose (inc me) for which I can only offer a full apology to all my fans. :)

I feel like Ed Murrow the way I've blown this shit wide open.

Good Night and good luck.

:icon_lol:

Bloke in the office reckons it was left on the ansaphone then Brand rang the bird and she deleted it off there. Or something. He says he's a bit sketchy about the details though and says in was in the Sun :icon_lol:

Bloke in the office reckons it was left on the ansaphone then Brand rang the bird and she deleted it off there. Or something. He says he's a bit sketchy about the details though and says in was in the Sun :icon_lol:

We're through the looking glass here people.

Well this is how I got taken in as Ross is heard in 'the broadcast' debating with Brand on wether to go round and delete Sachs machine.