Wikipedia child image censored

Fop

FOPFAIL!

It's not my fault you unknowingly argued yourself along the same track as US Christian Neo-Cons, and painted yourself into this corner with them. ;)

But it is very, very funny. :huh:

Even if it had been, hammering home the same 'point' a dozen times would have taken any sheen off it tbh.

You'll never admit it, of course, but it must have at least raised a wry smile. ;)

As for the rest, Happy Face can hardly claim the (Christian Neo-Con) moral high ground there either. ;)

Come on now, I've laughed at stuff you've written on here before. Once or twice :aye:

Edited by alex

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's a very good point tbh. Fop's arguments can tend to get a bit paradoxical though without him realising.

More paradoxical that Happy Face arguing the exact same issue as US Christian Neo-Cons? :huh:

Honestly that's the funniest thing I've seen here in a long time (and he really hates it!). :aye:

(although as it wasn't challenged though any statutory measure so I fail to see your point too. ;) )

Freedom of speech and expression, culminating in the right to lawfully protest (as you have done here) is how people participate in a democracy outside of election periods.

On the other hand you insisting that a private law matter be brought before the courts where the parties do not consent to that is basically you imposing your own beliefs on private individuals without any legitimacy. Or if you like, a dictatorship/Big Brother scenario. But I guess that doesn't matter when it's you pulling the strings, eh?

No I just think that before anything is banned it must be deemed more than "potentially illegal, maybe" by a charity.

What worries me more is that the picture questions was classified as a 1 on their own scale and as such was well below their own "banning" threshold.

What worries me further still is the text banning on the page.

There is no legitimacy in banning something without any legal guidance on it, again "bad taste" police have no place censoring the internet for the UK.

I'd be careful if I were you too, your desire to argue with me (at any cost) may lead you down the same path as it lead old Happy Face. ;)

Aye, if you can find anywhere in this thread that indicates what he's banging on about give me a shout.

You don't pay attention, this is why you end up where you do. ;) (sitting squarely in-between US Christian Neo-Cons in this case :aye: )

Come on now, I've laughed at stuff you've written on here before. Once or twice ;)

So you do think Happy Face arguing himself into a position where he was sitting squarely along-side US Christian Neo-Cons was funny. Me too. :aye:

Aye, if you can find anywhere in this thread that indicates what he's banging on about give me a shout.

You don't pay attention, this is why you end up where you do. ;) (sitting squarely in-between US Christian Neo-Cons in this case :aye: )

I pay attention, I just don't see why it's such an issue for you. I'm sure I align with conservative christian beliefs on many many things.

I reckon the christian conservative group in the US that complained about this are also against....I don't know....let's say...murder.

Are you pro-murder or squareley and wholly in the neo-con camp (on that issue) you utter fucking imbecile?

Come on now, I've laughed at stuff you've written on here before. Once or twice :aye:

So you do think Happy Face arguing himself into a position where he was sitting squarely along-side US Christian Neo-Cons was funny. Me too. :huh:

You're mad as a fucking balloon Fop ;)

Come on now, I've laughed at stuff you've written on here before. Once or twice :huh:

So you do think Happy Face arguing himself into a position where he was sitting squarely along-side US Christian Neo-Cons was funny. Me too. :(

:ithankyou:

You don't pay attention, this is why you end up where you do. ;) (sitting squarely in-between US Christian Neo-Cons in this case ;) )

I pay attention, I just don't see why it's such an issue for you. I'm sure I align with conservative christian beliefs on many many things.

I reckon the christian conservative group in the US that complained about this are also against....I don't know....let's say...murder.

Are you pro-murder or squareley and wholly in the neo-con camp (on that issue) you utter fucking imbecile?

I'm sure you do as well :aye: , you clearly do on this issue. :angry:

[now have you 1) gone back and read through the entire thread until you've seen what you missed? Or 2) decided to stop pretending you missed it? :scratchchin: ]

Come on now, I've laughed at stuff you've written on here before. Once or twice :huh:

So you do think Happy Face arguing himself into a position where he was sitting squarely along-side US Christian Neo-Cons was funny. Me too. :scratchchin:

You don't pay attention, this is why you end up where you do. ;) (sitting squarely in-between US Christian Neo-Cons in this case :angry: )

I'm sure you do as well :aye: , you clearly do on this issue. :(

[now have you 1) gone back and read through the entire thread until you've seen what you missed? Or 2) decided to stop pretending you missed it? :ithankyou: ]

I had done option 1 prior to my previous post. ;)

Now, are you pro-murder or a neo-con?

So you do think Happy Face arguing himself into a position where he was sitting squarely along-side US Christian Neo-Cons was funny. Me too. :ithankyou:

You don't pay attention, this is why you end up where you do. ;) (sitting squarely in-between US Christian Neo-Cons in this case :scratchchin: )

I'm sure you do as well :aye: , you clearly do on this issue. :ithankyou:

[now have you 1) gone back and read through the entire thread until you've seen what you missed? Or 2) decided to stop pretending you missed it? :scratchchin: ]

I had done option 1 prior to my previous post. :angry:

Now, are you pro-murder or a neo-con?

:(

You Christian Neo-Cons are so easy to lead. ;)

The scenario is basically this Fop:

I'm a business man and I do business with company A and company B. They both attend a networking do hosted by me, they both get drunk and both start saying things (the same thing) that I'm worried might offend my other business colleagues. I'm worried about how this will affect my business because this is happening on my business platform after all. As a result of this I chide A and tell him to shut up because he is a small customer and I'm not too concerned about the consequences, but I don't take action against B because he's a huge customer and I don't want to lose his business/I'm worried about him suing me in the event our business relations sour as a result and other things go tits up.

Neither of the views expressed by A or B are unlawful, and the other business colleagues can still hear them spouted in bars all around the country if they have an appetite for that type of conversation.

This is not government censorship either in the action itself or the resultant consequences and is absolutely nothing new.

The trouble is (I suspect) you have such a personal relationship with the internet that you think it should be treated differently/exceptionally. I don't know for sure why this is, but I rather wonder whether it's because you're the type who would be less likely to get the same information 'down the pub' for whatever reason. I make no more mention of this but just say it for what it's worth.

As to the rest of your post (above), you're now reverting to the position where you fail to address/ignore individual points that you're unable to respond to so I won't go any further either. I merely reiterate the point that what you're insisting on is (effectively) a Big Brother situation with Fop in the title role, and if you can't see the irony of this then I really am wasting my lunch break tbh.

And I've got a really nice sandwich here too!

The scenario is basically this Fop:

I'm a business man and I do business with company A and company B. They both attend a networking do hosted by me, they both get drunk and both start saying things (the same thing) that I'm worried might offend my other business colleagues. I'm worried about how this will affect my business because this is happening on my business platform after all. As a result of this I chide A and tell him to shut up because he is a small customer and I'm not too concerned about the consequences, but I don't take action against B because he's a huge customer and I don't want to lose his business/I'm worried about him suing me in the event our business relations sour as a result and other things go tits up.

Neither of the views expressed by A or B are unlawful, and the other business colleagues can still hear them spouted in bars all around the country if they have an appetite for that type of conversation.

This is not government censorship either in the action itself or the resultant consequences and is absolutely nothing new.

The trouble is (I suspect) you have such a personal relationship with the internet that you think it should be treated differently/exceptionally. I don't know for sure why this is, but I rather wonder whether it's because you're the type who would be less likely to get the same information 'down the pub' for whatever reason. I make no more mention of this but just say it for what it's worth.

As to the rest of your post (above), you're now reverting to the position where you fail to address/ignore individual points that you're unable to respond to so I won't go any further either. I merely reiterate the point that what you're insisting on is (effectively) a Big Brother situation with Fop in the title role, and if you can't see the irony of this then I really am wasting my lunch break tbh.

And I've got a really nice sandwich here too!

No it's more intelligent than that. I can go into why the Government won't try to get directly involved if you don't understand. ;)

But none of the above justifies anything to do with this case. ;)

The internet is a powerful force, you can see how people have tried to control it and succeed and failed; it's a very different beast to what it was in 1996 and before, for example (1998 was probably the sea change).

But that is in itself pretty irrelevant, what you're saying is basically that because we can no longer pick up swords and be head an unpopular leader that we shouldn't bother to vote or protest either or be bothered about anything that happens. :aye:

People like Happy Face and his Christian Neo-Con allies would be quite happy with that situation (see you're getting there :huh: ), but me and Tony Benn..... we'll always stand against it. ;)

Bollocks, the internet is full of fuck-nuts talking shite.

Well if Happy Face and his US Christian Neo-Con allies get their way it will only be full of fuck-nuts they like talking shite they agree with. ;)

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves ;)

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :aye:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :huh:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :angry:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :(

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :scratchchin:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :ithankyou:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :ithankyou:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :scratchchin:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves :pmsl:

Fopped Yr Internet.

Iran's bloggers thrive despite blocks

Iran has one of the most vibrant blogging communities in the world - despite government boasts that it blocks five million websites. The BBC's Jon Leyne in Tehran is spending the day with bloggers to see what makes them tick.

Send Jon your questions for the bloggers

_45297116_jadiblog_226.jpg

Tehran blogger Jadi says his website is blocked inside Iran

With much of the official media controlled by the government or hardline conservatives, the internet has become the favoured way of communicating for Iran's well-educated and inquisitive younger generation.

Go online in Iran and you will find blogs or websites covering every topic under the sun.

Politics, of course, but also the arts, Hollywood cinema, women's issues, women's sport, pop music. Whisper it quietly, there is even an online dating scene in the Islamic Republic.

Day-by-day there is an intriguing cyber-war, as the government wrestles for control of the internet, and Iran's bloggers wrestle it back.

Iran hosts around 65,000 bloggers, and has around 22 million internet users. Not bad for a country in which some remote areas do not yet have mains electricity.

Even some journalists who work in the mainstream media use the internet to publish articles they can not get past their newspaper or programme editors, or the official censors.

Blogosphere targeted

The real attraction for bloggers, in this claustrophobic political climate, is that someone is listening.

That is the view of Seyed Vahid Aqili, assistant professor of mass communications as Islamic Azad University in Tehran.

"The young generation now have access to the world, to express their ideas and their beliefs and their attitudes. The internet is a good vehicle to let people express themselves," he says.

_45297118_taqaddosiblog226.jpg

Life online in Iran is simply completely divorced from anything you see or hear in the official media

Even on the internet, though, free speech in Iran is limited.

Amir used to write a political blog. While he insists he did not include anything "offensive", one day he switched on his computer, to find his blog had been blocked by the authorities, just for daring to discuss politics.

To get around the restrictions, many websites are forced regularly to change their internet address.

Internet users in Iran learn to download anti-filtering software and other technology to beat the restrictions.

Authorities worried

There are also some recent reports of bloggers having been arrested, though the facts are hard to pin down.

And a few months ago, parliament began considering a law that could impose the death penalty on bloggers found guilty of using the web to spread corruption, prostitution or apostasy.

It is not clear what progress the bill has made.

Yet, sometimes government attempts to control the internet are strangely half-hearted.

An ordinance recently urging bloggers to register with the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance was quietly dropped after few people complied.

_45297117_mahmoud_226.jpg

President Ahmadinejad has his own blog

Perhaps the authorities realise that screwing the lid down too tight could be counter-productive.

Nevertheless the authorities are clearly worried by the impact of the internet on the Islamic society and culture they work to foster.

In a recent publication, the Revolutionary Guards complained of "internet imperialism" and warned that the CIA was trying to use the internet to provoke a "velvet revolution" in Iran.

They accused international media, including the BBC, CNN and The New York Times, as being part of this conspiracy.

Yet the striking thing about the internet in Iran is how un-political it is.

Life online in Iran is simply completely divorced from anything you see or hear in the official media.

"The majority of blogs focus on social matters, art topics, personal diaries, poems, and commentary on topics ranging from arts to cinema and music," said Dr Aqili.

"Most bloggers just want to express their ideas and their private lives to their friends," said Amir.

"It's something the youth in Iran need, because they do not have any special entertainment or hobby. And they cannot say anything freely."

'Devil's instrument'

But even if there is no direct political threat to the government, what takes place on the Iranian internet does provide a fascinating commentary on Iranian society.

It is not a picture the defenders of the revolution may be so happy about.

Take pop and rock music. Playing the electric guitar in public is banned (the devil's instrument!). Singing in English is a definite No. As for women singing solo - forget about it.

So all of this has gone underground, online.

_45297174_revguards_afp226.jpg

Iran's Revolutionary Guards are to get their own blogs

The hundreds or possibly thousands of Iranian bands distribute their music on the internet, with everything from heavy metal to trance music. And everyday you can hear the music played on tape machines in taxis across Tehran.

Not that Iran's rock music generation have a monopoly on the internet.

The government recently announced plans to launch 10,000 weblogs for 10,000 bases of the Basij - the militia arm of the Revolutionary Guards.

Already the religious capital of Qom is one of the best connected cities in Iran. Clerics research Islam, and publish their findings on numerous religious websites.

The government also promotes its ideas on the web. News about President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad often emerges first on his own personal website.

Iran has often lived under a siege mentality since the Islamic Revolution three decades ago.

Satellite TV dishes are banned. International credit cards are useless in the country. Political, religious and military leaders caution the dangers from abroad, and warn of the danger of attack.

Yet at the same time Iranians are fascinated by the rest of the world, and cherish their contact with foreigners. Never more so than in Iran's flourishing internet culture.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7782771.stm

Happy Face and his ilk try to crush it, but freedom finds a way. :P