Boumsong

Ketsbaia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for Given having to play behind him. Another substandard defender that is going to do nothing except contribute to our leaky defence. Remember, this is the man who is meant to be Woodgate's replacement. He is no where near the Standard of Woodgate.

46611[/snapback]

I'd still rather have him than Woodgate. What's the point in having a player who's fit about 30% of the time, if you're lucky.

46615[/snapback]

I agree but I just think that we shouldn't have spend 2/3 of Woodgates transfer feee on this piece of shite.

46616[/snapback]

pretty much said this from day 1. Trouble is, i got slated for making an instant decision and not giving him a chance !

Shite yesterday, again.

48881[/snapback]

He certainly was. I'm not one of the fans who think he is shite, i think he is currently playing shite.

My problem is when Bramble is fit we all know it should be him and Taylor on current form who play, but when it comes down to it, it will be a case of:

Boom - Bought by Souness for £8m

Bramble - Cost money but not by Souness

Taylor - Kid who cost nowt

Who here thinks Boom will be the one dropped, because i don't. I think he'll either not bring Bramble back in or will drop Taylor. Or more likely Taylor will miss 1 game due to 5 yellow cards and Bramble will return and Taylor will then be out the team.

And this isn't an anti-souness rant, its something that applies to many managers who favour their big signings regardless of form.

It would be interesting to see if a Bramble-Taylor partnership worked, although I have a feeling it might not.

When is Titus due back?

48956[/snapback]

I have no idea, and with this club and injuries/information released it could be anything from 1 day to a month!!!

Its a partnership that like any other would need time to gel, but mainly it comes down to CB being such a cruical position you can't play somebody who is totally out of form/confidence, its too big a risk.

Shite yesterday, again.

48881[/snapback]

He certainly was. I'm not one of the fans who think he is shite, i think he is currently playing shite.

My problem is when Bramble is fit we all know it should be him and Taylor on current form who play, but when it comes down to it, it will be a case of:

Boom - Bought by Souness for £8m

Bramble - Cost money but not by Souness

Taylor - Kid who cost nowt

Who here thinks Boom will be the one dropped, because i don't. I think he'll either not bring Bramble back in or will drop Taylor. Or more likely Taylor will miss 1 game due to 5 yellow cards and Bramble will return and Taylor will then be out the team.

And this isn't an anti-souness rant, its something that applies to many managers who favour their big signings regardless of form.

48954[/snapback]

People go overboard about Taylor. He isnt convincing. Dives in and gets pulled out of position too easily. He WILL be a good player though, at present he is decent. I dont like him and Bramble together though. When Boumsong has his confidence I would go for Boumsong/Bramble.

If the 3 are ever fit and on form I think the best pairing is as I said - Boum/Bramble.

At present i would have Bramble/Tayor. One thing though. Wouldnt be convinced at Taylor/Bramble organising it themselves. Not enough experience there.

Boumsong is the one with the real pace too. For all he has problems he kept Camara quieter than most of late. Indeed, Henri came off.

The other is do you let Boumsong play through it or just get him out? What does that do for his confidence? Its shot already.

I think GS will play him but at present its academic. Most seem to let them play through it in the belief that form is temporary.