Kris Boyd

The spl is where we buy players for pennys and make players from our youth system where we make names for them, put them on the big european stage eg alan hutton, boumsong and carlos cuellar and soon to be Maghid Bougherra

You seriously think that a Newcastle board is the best place to mention Boumsong to support your arguement? ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got a reputation for doing fuck all except scoring. About 20 or 30 a season.

A bit like "world class" Owen then? :icon_lol:

Do you still rate Taylor btw? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Still young. He'd probably further his career a lot better away from this circus though.

100 games for the first team man.

Adams was labeled a donkey for years. Then he came on as a player. Players mature at different ages. I guess time will tell who is correct. But for my arguments sake i reckon he needs to leave the toon. :icon_lol:

You're comparing him to Adams? ;)

Adams was only labelled that after Euro '88 and there was certainly no shame in getting made a mug of by MVB (Ask J69 B)). At what age was he captain of Arsenal again? Performing to an outstanding standard every week for Arsenal? Exactly. Something of which can't be said of Taylor with us, and this he's young stuff is a load of shite. If you're old enough, you're good enough. He's played over 100 games for the first team ffs.

He's got a reputation for doing fuck all except scoring. About 20 or 30 a season.

Still young. He'd probably further his career a lot better away from this circus though.

Adams was labeled a donkey for years. Then he came on as a player. Players mature at different ages. I guess time will tell who is correct. But for my arguments sake i reckon he needs to leave the toon. :icon_lol:

Adams was only labelled that after Euro '88 and there was certainly no shame in getting made a mug of by MVB (Ask J69 B)). At what age was he captain of Arsenal again? Performing to an outstanding standard every week for Arsenal? Exactly. Something of which can't be said of Taylor with us, and this he's young stuff is a load of shite. If you're old enough, you're good enough. He's played over 100 games for the first team ffs.

I love it when people comment on good players never realising that they were once distincly average in their young years. eg Frank Lampard.

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions. Maybe I am wrong. Time will tell.

I love it when people comment on good players never realising that they were once distincly average in their young years. eg Frank Lampard.

I love it how people talk about Taylor still being young, which isn't an excuse for him anymore due to his inexperience. Or when people say they rate Taylor but can't actually tell me what he's good at.

I love it how people talk about Taylor still being young, which isn't an excuse for him anymore due to his inexperience. Or when people say they rate Taylor but can't actually tell me what he's good at.

To be fair, hes good at waving his arms around..

Guest Stevie
Absolutely. I was thinking about this, and in real terms as a football club, not a religious propaganda machine, if you take that bile away, we are bigger football club than both. Particularly with Rangers FC, over many generations, the no catholic rule in my opinion was a clever but sinister marketing tool, which endeared the club to Protestants in Ulster and Presbyterians throughout Scotland, and it's almost a mirror image with Celtic. I agree most are nobheads, but I do actually know some from both sides who are alright. We should be bigger in fairness we have a bigger natural catchment area than both within 15 miles, and it's reflected by the fact we were averaging in the high 50,000's at points in our history, while it took the 90's boom before either club had even averaged over 40,000 (in their entire history). If you're born in to that world though you will have a completely warped view of your self importance in the world. 51 league titles means fuck all in my opinion when the 3rd-6th biggest clubs in the country would probably be among the smallest in the Championship.

Rangers have had Roman Catholics in the side throughout their history.

The part about average attendances is nonsense. Rangers were averaging 40k+ in the '50's.

Newcastle's average attendances, the odd spike apart, have been lower than Rangers throughout the clubs histories. Rangers post war attendances have never dipped below 25'000 (unless during ground reconstruction) whereas Newcastles has been to almost 15'000 at times. Rangers record attendance os 119'000, (twice at Ibrox) Newcastles is 68'000-odd.

The part about quality of opposition is indisputable, but it is a testament to the draw of both OF clubs (possibly as a result of the Scottish and Irish diasporas) that they outmatch most other clubs in terms of support base in the English speaking world. By support I mean regualr viewers, members of supporters clubs etc, not yanks in replica kits.

I apologise for my part in turning this into a mini-Rangers board. I came here to discuss Newcastle as my 2nd team, but I'm a pedant and can't let inaccuracies go unchallenged. ;)

All completely and utterly wrong. I'll get you the book where you can source it all as well. Rangers attendances HAVE dipped under 25,000 in the last 30 years as well, well under 16,000 was your average one season in the early 80's nothing to do with construction neither because you managed to get 40,000 plus against Celtic, the attendances were abysmal till Souness came in to the club in 1986. As I said the club had never averaged over 40,000 in it's history till 1992. Whereas Newcastle were getting world record average gates of 57,000 in the late 40's records that stood for 21 years. I'm not sure what the actual record attendance had to do with anything neither. I'll get you the source, there's a Scottish football book with everything you'd need, and Celtic's attendances were even worse than yours.

Adams was labeled a donkey for years. Then he came on as a player. Players mature at different ages. I guess time will tell who is correct. But for my arguments sake i reckon he needs to leave the toon. B)

And pointing :icon_lol:

Adams was rated highly as a young 'un btw. He was playing for England when he was about 21 which says a lot.

Absolutely. I was thinking about this, and in real terms as a football club, not a religious propaganda machine, if you take that bile away, we are bigger football club than both. Particularly with Rangers FC, over many generations, the no catholic rule in my opinion was a clever but sinister marketing tool, which endeared the club to Protestants in Ulster and Presbyterians throughout Scotland, and it's almost a mirror image with Celtic. I agree most are nobheads, but I do actually know some from both sides who are alright. We should be bigger in fairness we have a bigger natural catchment area than both within 15 miles, and it's reflected by the fact we were averaging in the high 50,000's at points in our history, while it took the 90's boom before either club had even averaged over 40,000 (in their entire history). If you're born in to that world though you will have a completely warped view of your self importance in the world. 51 league titles means fuck all in my opinion when the 3rd-6th biggest clubs in the country would probably be among the smallest in the Championship.

The part about average attendances is nonsense. Rangers were averaging 40k+ in the '50's.

Newcastle's average attendances, the odd spike apart, have been lower than Rangers throughout the clubs histories. Rangers post war attendances have never dipped below 25'000 (unless during ground reconstruction) whereas Newcastles has been to almost 15'000 at times. Rangers record attendance os 119'000, (twice at Ibrox) Newcastles is 68'000-odd.

The part about quality of opposition is indisputable, but it is a testament to the draw of both OF clubs (possibly as a result of the Scottish and Irish diasporas) that they outmatch most other clubs in terms of support base in the English speaking world. By support I mean regualr viewers, members of supporters clubs etc, not yanks in replica kits.

I apologise for my part in turning this into a mini-Rangers board. I came here to discuss Newcastle as my 2nd team, but I'm a pedant and can't let inaccuracies go unchallenged. ;)

All completely and utterly wrong. I'll get you the book where you can source it all as well. Rangers attendances HAVE dipped under 25,000 in the last 30 years as well, well under 16,000 was your average one season in the early 80's nothing to do with construction neither because you managed to get 40,000 plus against Celtic, the attendances were abysmal till Souness came in to the club in 1986. As I said the club had never averaged over 40,000 in it's history till 1992. Whereas Newcastle were getting world record average gates of 57,000 in the late 40's records that stood for 21 years. I'm not sure what the actual record attendance had to do with anything neither. I'll get you the source, there's a Scottish football book with everything you'd need, and Celtic's attendances were even worse than yours.

Give it a rest with this attendance bollocks man. Nobody gives a fuck.

Guest Stevie

I was waiting for your input and that's what I expected it to be, no cunts asking you to read it, and I was replying to his factual inaccuracies.

Adams was labeled a donkey for years. Then he came on as a player. Players mature at different ages. I guess time will tell who is correct. But for my arguments sake i reckon he needs to leave the toon. B)

Adams was rated highly as a young 'un btw. He was playing for England when he was about 21 which says a lot.

Taylor is highly rated (outside Newcastle) and has been in an England squad.....

If you could name the book I'll gladly try and find it, but I'm looking at the stats in various books right now and since 1970 the average attendances (per decade) at Ibrox have been:

70's: 28,878

80's: 27,934

90's: 42,817

00's: 47,020

For 6 years in the '50's, and 3 in the '60's attendances where over 40k.

It's possible your book takes away attendances into account, something I have not done. Other than that, it's wrong.

Taylor is highly rated (outside Newcastle) and has been in an England squad.....

He's been in one squad, aye? So's Steve Froggatt. I'd question how highly rated he is elsewhere as well. I'm not really arsed though tbh, since I've seen him play loads and he still makes lots of basic errors and hasn't progressed at all. I.e. I trust my own judgement on this one. Like you say though, time will tell.

Edited by alex

I was waiting for your input and that's what I expected it to be, no cunts asking you to read it, and I was replying to his factual inaccuracies.

Yet how can I not read it when it's in a thread I'm posting in? Do you not think it's tedious as fuck this whole attendance thing? It's a small time mentality arguing over attendances. The clubs who actually win things don't need to do this as they've got the trophies to back it up, so don't bother going into it. This isn't just aimed at you btw.

Guest Stevie
lol i love the anti sectarianism guff rangers and Celtic fans com,e off with

"oh its only a small number of fans", can't be that fcking small if you can easily hear songs about the famine and the like

both just as bad as each other

and shite to boot ;)

Both wanks, I think the majority of people in the Republic of Ireland and some in the North are embarrassed to be associated with both clubs.

Guest Stevie
Don't think many people associate Rangers with Eire anyway ;)

Do you know what, you would be very surprised. We're not talking thousands, but I know for a fact catholic Irish Rangers fans exist.

I watched Rangers v Celtic in the Cock Tavern in Spittalfields Market in London just after christmas. I did the same when I was down working in May for their game with Fiorentina, but they were much worse for the OF game. Nearly every song was bigoted and vile, even the ones that weren't are utterly pathetic, I was borrrrrn under a union jack, no one cares you fuckin arseholes. The amount of Belfast accents as well, going right through the loyalist songbook, I think there was about three songs alone about Bobby Sands, and with heart and hand and sword and shield we'll guard old Derry's Walls, I bet no more than 1 in 10 could give an accurate account of the history of Derry. I left the place 6 pints later and it firmly hit home what a bunch of total wanks they are, they really are no better than the vile bigots that support their neighbours, probably worse if anything because at least Celtic have the odd one who try to distance themselves from this.

Guest Stevie
Are you saying a lot of people do associate the Republic with Rangers? ;)

Quite clearly not. What is also quite clear is that I said surprisingly catholic Irish Rangers fans albeit in small numbers, do exist.

It was just a light-hearted comment by me man Stevie. But it was correct so I don't understand your response. Never mind, I wasn't looking for an argument.

Do you know what, you would be very surprised. We're not talking thousands, but I know for a fact catholic Irish Rangers fans exist.

I watched Rangers v Celtic in the Cock Tavern in Spittalfields Market in London just after christmas. I did the same when I was down working in May for their game with Fiorentina, but they were much worse for the OF game. Nearly every song was bigoted and vile, even the ones that weren't are utterly pathetic, I was borrrrrn under a union jack, no one cares you fuckin arseholes. The amount of Belfast accents as well, going right through the loyalist songbook, I think there was about three songs alone about Bobby Sands, and with heart and hand and sword and shield we'll guard old Derry's Walls, I bet no more than 1 in 10 could give an accurate account of the history of Derry. I left the place 6 pints later and it firmly hit home what a bunch of total wanks they are, they really are no better than the vile bigots that support their neighbours, probably worse if anything because at least Celtic have the odd one who try to distance themselves from this.

Surprisingly that is completely wrong. They are both exactly as bad as each other.

He's been in one squad, aye? So's Steve Froggatt. I'd question how highly rated he is elsewhere as well. I'm not really arsed though tbh, since I've seen him play loads and he still makes lots of basic errors and hasn't progressed at all. I.e. I trust my own judgement on this one. Like you say though, time will tell.

I think it already has.

Agreed. As a support, Rangers has far more than it's fair share of knuckle-dragging ingrates.

lol i love the anti sectarianism guff rangers and Celtic fans com,e off with

"oh its only a small number of fans", can't be that fcking small if you can easily hear songs about the famine and the like

both just as bad as each other

and shite to boot ;)

The famine song rangers fans sing isnt aimed at actual irish people btw its amied at the plastic paddy celtic fans not actual irish people.

Total bullshit. Have you ever been to parhead its like a fuckin irish carnival and that was a actual celtic fans comment to to me who is sick of the eire flag. Nearly all aw them aint even fuckin irish at least we are actualy british when we wave the Union Flag. Celtic fans glorify a terrorist organisation 'ooh ahh up the ra' if i was to go oo aa up al quaeda' id be arrested in a second when theres no difference there both terrorists. Have you ever seen a scotland fag in a celtic support? I doubt it. Quite obviously theres thousands of catholic irish Rangers fans it aint that bad.

Edited by Ferguson_6