Classic Oba interview

smoggeordie

Maybe I'm just too cynical now but I couldn't give a toss what any of the players say at this point in time. Do your talking on the field if you want any respect.

Amen!

I've always loved Owen as a player. I also really like Oba, but none of it makes any difference in our current position unless they ALL start producing on the field.

Can't believe anyone thinks Oba gets more stick/less plaudits than Owen at Newcastle! Owen has nowt but shit from certain fans and anything good he does do is met with indifference, even for example winning the derby against the mackems, the fans could barely bother to ackowledge him with a song or chant.

As somebody said, Martins has steadilyl become vital to this team as we've got worse and become more and more pedestrian and one paced. He would always be in my team but will continue to frustrate as when he's instinctive he can pull something special out, but with any time to think results are variable to say the least!

If Owen stays fit and gets any service (which may depend on the dickheads in charge picking the right team) he'll score goals, and that should se us with a good chance of staying up.

If Martins stays fit, who knows what he'll do but his pace on the counter and potential matchwinning ability will be important.