Road Tax Detector Vans

Guest Hova

Just drove past one en route to taking my car for an MOT. It's been off the road for a while, and I can't tax it without it's MOT so know I'm exempt if I do get a fine land on the doorstep. Just wondered though, does anyone know if they can pick up oncoming vehicles if they're parked on the other side of the road, or do the cameras pick up the rear plate of the cars on the side of the road that they're parked? Can't be arsed with the hassle :mellow:

should be ok if you have registered it as SORN (i think!!)

Aye it is registered SORN like. Just wondered with it being on the opposite side of the road whether it was pointing at my front or the arses of the cars on the other side

Edited by Hova

The've started claiming that they are now ultra strict but I'm not so sure - last year I failed the MOT and because the garage was booked up, I didn't get it fixed/retested till the 5th of the month so couldn't get my tax till then - I didn't get fined or anything.