20 classic Kevin Keegan quotes

Christmas Tree

From ESPN

1) "It's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney."

2) "You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison."

3) "In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg."

4) "The substitute is about to come on – he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today."

5) "Of course, the weather favours the Chileans, doesn't it. I mean, it's a bit chilly."

6) "What disappointed me was that we didn't play with any passion. I'm not disappointed, you know, I'm just disappointed."

7) "There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight."

8) "If I had a blank piece of paper there'd be five names on it.”

9) "I'd love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at half-time."

10) "At this level, if five or six players don't turn up, you'll get beat."

11) "The tide is very much in our court now."

12) "Even though two and two might look like four, it could be three or five."

13) "Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late twenties or thirties."

14) "It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card."

15) "That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved."

16) "They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why – it's because he's a bit different."

17) "The ref was vertically 15 yards away."

18) "I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different."

19) "The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful."

20) "They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that."

What happened to his claim against Ashley? Did it get settled?