'Abortion addict' has 15 terminations in 16 years

Park Life

Irene Vilar, 40, who is now married with two young daughters, had the abortions between the ages of 16 and her early thirties.

She describes her decisions in a book called Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict and is now anticipating a fierce backlash from the anti-abortion community.

Miss Vilar, a literary agent from Denver, Colorado said the terminations took place against a difficult period in her life during which she also tried to kill herself.

Her mother had committed suicide when she was eight and two of her brothers were heroin addicts.

She said her first husband, an older man, had believed children killed sexual desire and she had rebelled by not using birth control. Then she would fear losing her husband and opt for a termination.

In the brutally frank memoir she writes: "My story is a perversion of both maternal desire and abortion, framed by a lawful procedure that I abused.

"By the time I lay in an abortion clinic waiting for the procedure to begin, I would feel nothing but disgust and shame. When I left the clinic, I felt a calm respite, surrender. I always said to myself then 'This has to end.'

"A moment came when not being pregnant was enough motivation for wanting to be pregnant. Getting pregnant began to be simply a habit.

Parky doing a Fop. ;)

Where is the lovable wee rascal?

I reckon he's been stuck in his World of Warcraft themed room, pinned to the floor by two 60kg dumbells.

He's run out of second life dollars apprently. :icon_lol:

Parky doing a Fop. ;)

Where is the lovable wee rascal?

I reckon he's been stuck in his World of Warcraft themed room, pinned to the floor by two 60kg dumbells.

He's run out of second life dollars apprently. :icon_lol:

Virtual tramp- the shame....... ;)