Downloading's out, Streaming's in

Kid Dynamite

Let me know what its like. I was in the 3 and O2 shops today trying to wangle a deal but neither are budging on the prices at the minute.

The people on here that reckon they are paying less than £35 a month for the iPhone, how did you manage it? Or are you talking shit?

Megavideo + Vga lead = Start of film on television in 20 seconds + 60 seconds buffer = next bit of film + 60 seconds buffer =... repeat ad nauseum.

FYP

Let me know what its like. I was in the 3 and O2 shops today trying to wangle a deal but neither are budging on the prices at the minute.

The people on here that reckon they are paying less than £35 a month for the iPhone, how did you manage it? Or are you talking shit?

You arent going to get any movement on the iphone. Those on here that have spoken about discount prices are through friends discounts of staff of O2 and other places.

Megavideo + Vga lead = Start of film on television in 20 seconds + 60 seconds buffer = next bit of film + 60 seconds buffer =... repeat ad nauseum.

FYP

Have you used megavideo? Ive only got a 4mb connection and it never buffers

FYP

No I haven't but given my shite Sky connection buffers on YouTube clips (not in "HD"), I'm guessing this would be no better.

You arent going to get any movement on the iphone. Those on here that have spoken about discount prices are through friends discounts of staff of O2 and other places.

Have you tried it yet then?

Have you tried it yet then?

Its pretty much as it is in the video. Seems pretty decent and I can see the arguments for and against it in regards to if it is worth £10 a month. I am getting my phone and bills paid for by the work so with the savings thought I would give it a go.

What I found useful about it is that I have just used it at the gym where I had made a playlist of some shite/cheesy dance music that I would never buy or even bother my arse hunting for downloads of but was just the type of crap I like running to.

I have also read online that when you go premium you can set it up to 3 computers/iphones but you can also set it up to the ipod touch so I am in the process of putting it on my old ipod touch that I have given to my wife. As long as the music is downloaded onto the touch using wifi the offline mode enables you to play all your playlists through that too.

cool, im thinking of just going with the iphone on orange now. Despite the shit internet limit i can use wifi in the house and use offline playlists when out and about. My mate just got a free 3GS, 600mins, 750mb net and unlimited texts for £35 on an 18month contract. Something similar will do me and il just take the hit for spotify til grooveshark release a cheaper version

• 2 weeks later...

FYP

Just looked on Megavideo.com and cant see any films or tv programs at all ???

You will find the links to the megavideo files on sites such as tvshack, as it's against megavideo's terms to have them on there and they do make an effort to remove them.

What you really want to find are sites that stream divx like movshare and ninjavideo.net.