Richest 10% are 100 times as wealthy as the poorest 10%.

ChezGiven

You see all the anti-terrorism laws have been put in place not to protect us from Islam and whatnot but to protect our Govt and the intellectual elite from us. You can see in the States how Homeland security is being rolled out, it ain't nowt to do with Arabs it's to be used against Americans. FACT.

Funny you should mention that. Just read an interesting article...

Presidential assassinations of U.S. citizens

Barack Obama, like George Bush before him, has claimed the authority to order
American citizens murdered
based solely on the unverified, uncharged, unchecked claim that they are associated with Terrorism and pose "a continuing and imminent threat to U.S. persons and interests." They're entitled to no charges, no trial, no ability to contest the accusations. Amazingly, the Bush administration's policy of merely imprisoning foreign nationals (along with a couple of American citizens) without charges -- based solely on the President's claim that they were Terrorists -- produced intense controversy for years. That, one will recall, was a grave assault on the Constitution. Shouldn't Obama's policy of ordering American citizens assassinated without any due process or checks of any kind -- not imprisoned, but killed -- produce at least as much controversy?

More critically still, the Obama administration -- like the Bush administration before it -- defines the "battlefield" as the entire world. So the President claims the power to order U.S. citizens killed anywhere in the world, while engaged even in the most benign activities carried out far away from any actual battlefield, based solely on his say-so and with no judicial oversight or other checks. That's quite a power for an American President to claim for himself.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps these corporations need to make their employees fly coach instead of business on the A380 when they are attending meetings in New York that are probably a waste of time anyway.

Oooh, you can almost taste the jealousy. See, this is how inequality affects people. Thanks for illustrating my point.

;)

You see all the anti-terrorism laws have been put in place not to protect us from Islam and whatnot but to protect our Govt and the intellectual elite from us. You can see in the States how Homeland security is being rolled out, it ain't nowt to do with Arabs it's to be used against Americans. FACT.

Funny you should mention that. Just read an interesting article...

Presidential assassinations of U.S. citizens

Barack Obama, like George Bush before him, has claimed the authority to order
American citizens murdered
based solely on the unverified, uncharged, unchecked claim that they are associated with Terrorism and pose "a continuing and imminent threat to U.S. persons and interests." They're entitled to no charges, no trial, no ability to contest the accusations. Amazingly, the Bush administration's policy of merely imprisoning foreign nationals (along with a couple of American citizens) without charges -- based solely on the President's claim that they were Terrorists -- produced intense controversy for years. That, one will recall, was a grave assault on the Constitution. Shouldn't Obama's policy of ordering American citizens assassinated without any due process or checks of any kind -- not imprisoned, but killed -- produce at least as much controversy?

More critically still, the Obama administration -- like the Bush administration before it -- defines the "battlefield" as the entire world. So the President claims the power to order U.S. citizens killed anywhere in the world, while engaged even in the most benign activities carried out far away from any actual battlefield, based solely on his say-so and with no judicial oversight or other checks. That's quite a power for an American President to claim for himself.

I think they will progressively redifine what a terrorist is till it can become a catchall for just about any anti-Govt activity, that is the goal. Just try demonstrating outside Parliament and see what happens. ;)

US Investor Warren Buffett

Warren Buffett will not get a vote on the deal between Kraft and Cadbury - but said he would vote against it if he did. Photograph: Andrea Comas /Reuters

Warren Buffett has blasted the controversial takeover of Cadbury by Kraft, and revealed that he would block the deal if he could.

The veteran investor, whose Berkshire Hathaway group owns 9.4% of Kraft, claimed the US food group has blundered in its pursuit of the British chocolate producer.

Appearing on CNBC, Buffett said he "felt poor" following Cadbury's decision to accept Kraft's £11.9bn cash-and-share deal.

"If I had a chance to vote on it, I'd vote no, but I don't get a vote," said Buffett, who added that he "has a lot of doubts" about the takeover.

Kraft has agreed to pay 500p in cash plus 0.1874 of new Kraft shares for each Cadbury share. Because the share component is less than 20% of Kraft's existing share capital, a shareholder vote is not required.

Buffett is particularly displeased that Kraft is paying partly in new shares because he feels they are undervalued – a point he first made publicly to Kraft chief executive Irene Rosenfeld earlier this month.

"I like Irene. She's done a good job in operations … she could be a trustee in my will. I just don't want her to do this deal," said the 79-year-old.

Buffett is also unimpressed that Kraft sold its pizza business to Nestlé to raise cash for the Cadbury bid. He said this was done in an "enormously tax-inefficient way" that cut the underlying value of the deal from $3.7bn (£2.3bn) to $2.5bn.

Shares in Kraft fell 2.2% in pre-market trading on Wall Street after Buffett made his remarks, eroding both the value of Kraft's bid for Cadbury and his own stake in the company.

Edited by Park Life

I'd seriously like to live in a commune and get away from all this shit.

we've got friends who 've tried it twice - once in the 70's and now

It's bloody cold,you still need cash and everyone spends half their time watching everyone else to see they don't take what they ain't "entitled" to - Animal Fram TBH

I thought you WERE the Intellectual Elite???? (well the closest thing to it on this Board anyway...............) ;) ;) B)

I thought you WERE the Intellectual Elite???? (well the closest thing to it on this Board anyway...............) ;) ;) B)

The leaders of the Russian revolution were all intellectuals.

yeah, and that worked out REALLY well, didnt it?

(the squiggle formerly know as sarcmark)

:icon_lol:

yeah, and that worked out REALLY well, didnt it?

(the squiggle formerly know as sarcmark)

:icon_lol:

What?

I thought you WERE the Intellectual Elite???? (well the closest thing to it on this Board anyway...............) :) :) :D

check your insurance - it doesn't cover you against ice axes...............................