Billy Castell...

peasepud

I have no idea I'm afraid. I wasn't at the game, and I didn't pay too much attention to be honest as I never like hooligan stories. I think it may not have been related to football, and some people were arrested. I found this after I did a quick google search:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8506236.stm

NO ACTION OVER BRIT BIN DEATH

POLICE are taking no action against a football fan arrested over the death of a supporter at the Britannia Stadium.

Blackburn Rovers fan John Taylor died from head injuries after reportedly being hit by a bin during the half-time interval of his team's Premier League match against Stoke City last month.

Police investigating his death quizzed a 25-year-old man before releasing him on bail.

But the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has decided not to pursue a case against him.

Police have now closed their inquiry and passed the matter to North Staffordshire coroner Ian Smith.

A CPS Staffordshire spokesman said: "The death of John Taylor was a tragedy and a great loss to his family.

"We were asked whether there was sufficient evidence to commence a prosecution for his death.

"After very careful consideration of all the evidence available we have concluded there is insufficient evidence to advance a prosecution where there would be a realistic prospect of conviction.

"Staffordshire Police and the coroner have been advised of our decision and the family have been informed."

Mr Taylor, aged 30, of Preston, Lancashire, was injured in the concourse area of the South Stand on February 6.

The father-of-one was treated for a head injury and heart attack and died at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire just before 2am on February 7.

A Staffordshire Police spokesman said: "Our investigation is now concluded and the matter has been passed to the coroner."

An inquest into Mr Taylor's death was opened at Hartshill yesterday and his body was released for his funeral.

Mr Smith said Mr Taylor had died from head injuries.

Police today declined to say why the inquiry had been closed, although one report at the time suggested fans had been heading the bin.

Mr Taylor's family said they were disappointed nobody would be held accountable.

Mum Susan said: "We are all gutted nobody has been charged. My lad has been kept in Stoke-on-Trent for three weeks and no charges have been brought.

"Now John is coming home at last. We can finally put him to rest."

The development comes days after Stoke fans attending Saturday's match against Arsenal reported bins had been removed from inside the stadium following the death.

Stoke City declined to comment on the incident.