Rangers v Newcastle confirmed

warden90

PETER LOVENKRANDS will make an emotional return to Ibrox after Rangers fixed up a glamour friendly against Premiership new boys Newcastle United.

Record Sport can reveal the Danish striker will be back in Glasgow with the Toon Army on August 7 for the pre-season clash with the SPL champions.

Lovenkrands, who's still an avid Rangers fan, admits he can't wait to appear at Ibrox again four years after he left for German side Schalke.

And he insists the rest of Chris Hughton's Newcastle squad are as thrilled as him about the prospect of facing Gers a week before they kick-off their Premiership campaign.

The 30-year-old said: "As soon as I heard about the possibility of playing at Ibrox I was praying it would happen.

"When I found out it was actually on, it was really exciting. I've been back for games since I left and was out on the pitch at half-time and the fans were great with me.

"But this is the first time I'll have the chance to play at Ibrox again and I can't wait to run out that tunnel one more time.

Charge "I don't have to tell the Newcastle players about the Ibrox atmosphere as they are already aware of how good it will be.

"I've spoken to them and I know they are all looking forward to it especially someone like Alan Smith. He's a big Rangers fans so he is desperate to play at Ibrox.

"All the backroom staff can't wait either. The physio here, Davie Henderson, used to be at Ibrox as well so it'll be good for both of us to go back and see some old friends."

Lovenkrands believes the game will provide the Geordies with the ideal preparation ahead of the new season in England's top flight.

The Dane was a key man for United in their charge towards the Championship title this season.

And Lovenkrands, who was mostly used as a winger at Rangers, says he's exactly the same player the club let go in 2006 when Paul Le Guen took over at Ibrox.

He said: "I always wanted to play as a striker for Rangers and that's where I'm playing for Newcastle.

"So I'm the same player but maybe a bit more experienced now than when I was at Rangers.

"This game will be ideal for preparation for both clubs. We're going into the Premiership and Rangers will be gearing up for the Champions League.

"Playing the Scottish champions will be a great test for us. Any game at Ibrox is tough and that's why we're all really excited about it.

"Our fans are also happy about going up to Glasgow and I'm sure they'll enjoy the occasion as well."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-22257471/

Anyone know how I would go about getting tickets for this?

PETER LOVENKRANDS will make an emotional return to Ibrox after Rangers fixed up a glamour friendly against Premiership new boys Newcastle United.

Record Sport can reveal the Danish striker will be back in Glasgow with the Toon Army on August 7 for the pre-season clash with the SPL champions.

Lovenkrands, who's still an avid Rangers fan, admits he can't wait to appear at Ibrox again four years after he left for German side Schalke.

And he insists the rest of Chris Hughton's Newcastle squad are as thrilled as him about the prospect of facing Gers a week before they kick-off their Premiership campaign.

The 30-year-old said: "As soon as I heard about the possibility of playing at Ibrox I was praying it would happen.

"When I found out it was actually on, it was really exciting. I've been back for games since I left and was out on the pitch at half-time and the fans were great with me.

"But this is the first time I'll have the chance to play at Ibrox again and I can't wait to run out that tunnel one more time.

Charge "I don't have to tell the Newcastle players about the Ibrox atmosphere as they are already aware of how good it will be.

"I've spoken to them and I know they are all looking forward to it especially someone like Alan Smith. He's a big Rangers fans so he is desperate to play at Ibrox.

"All the backroom staff can't wait either. The physio here, Davie Henderson, used to be at Ibrox as well so it'll be good for both of us to go back and see some old friends."

Lovenkrands believes the game will provide the Geordies with the ideal preparation ahead of the new season in England's top flight.

The Dane was a key man for United in their charge towards the Championship title this season.

And Lovenkrands, who was mostly used as a winger at Rangers, says he's exactly the same player the club let go in 2006 when Paul Le Guen took over at Ibrox.

He said: "I always wanted to play as a striker for Rangers and that's where I'm playing for Newcastle.

"So I'm the same player but maybe a bit more experienced now than when I was at Rangers.

"This game will be ideal for preparation for both clubs. We're going into the Premiership and Rangers will be gearing up for the Champions League.

"Playing the Scottish champions will be a great test for us. Any game at Ibrox is tough and that's why we're all really excited about it.

"Our fans are also happy about going up to Glasgow and I'm sure they'll enjoy the occasion as well."

Through the club as normal I would've thought.

Wouldn't I need to have a season ticket or will tickets be on sale to the public?

Wouldn't I need to have a season ticket or will tickets be on sale to the public?

I'm looking to run either train or coach transport to the game. (prices to follow)

I might be able to get a few tickets for those who might travel with us.

Depends on how many tickets they give us and the demand. If they give us anything like when they came to SJP when they brought 10,000 down then I'd imagine tickets will be easy to come by via a public sale.

Guest Barrack Road

Depends on how many tickets they give us and the demand. If they give us anything like when they came to SJP when they brought 10,000 down then I'd imagine tickets will be easy to come by via a public sale.

If they give 6 or 7,000 like they give Celtic I think we'd sell em.