Kelsey Grammar as the Cookie Monster?

Geordie Boyo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ome of the best recent movies have been from Comics"

which is why they dominated the Oscars I take it?

106053[/snapback]

When did they start giving Oscars to the best films like?

106060[/snapback]

:) Just about to say that. Rob, you don't know much about movies; quick slap it in your "these are all shit, so I don't need to know about them" bin before you embarrass yourself.

... that trailer looks awesome.

it's notable that some of the best recent movies have been from Comics. Batman Begins, Sin City, Xmen 1&2, Spiderman, admittedly The Hulk couldn't have been worse. But I reckon that's more due to the fact the Hulk as a character is very limited. The point is that Comics might be more and more tasters of what is to come to the big screen, they will be less ridiculed by people who think that they're for kids and kids alone.

105984[/snapback]

The rest were good fun, but I really didn't enjoy Sin City, the corniest crap I've ever seen. I thought at the time it was probably very faithful to the comic, but that was only a guess, other than that it just seemed like a bit of a cheesy teen wankathon.

106053[/snapback]

In 1941 'How Green Was My Valley' won the Best Film Oscar ahead of 'Citizen Kane' and 'The Maltese Falcon'.

Edited by alex

106053[/snapback]

In 1941 'How Green Was My Valley' won the Best Film Oscar ahead of 'Citizen Kane' and 'The Maltese Falcon'.

106066[/snapback]

it was the Tafia what arranged that, boyo

106053[/snapback]

106060[/snapback]

Funnily enough the movie industry seems to think that the Oscars ARE a measure of quality

106053[/snapback]

106066[/snapback]

it was the Tafia what arranged that, boyo

106072[/snapback]

:) Proves the best films don't necessarily win though, eh?

"Rob, you don't know much about movies"

been watching them since............. well, I remember the first time I heard Al Johnson..............................................

And God knows I've watched a lot of shit over the years (and PAID for it too!! None of this TV rubbish)

"Rob, you don't know much about movies"

been watching them since.............  well, I remember the first time I heard Al Johnson..............................................

And God knows I've watched a lot of shit over the years (and PAID for it too!! None of this TV rubbish)

106076[/snapback]

And you still think that the Oscars are about the best movies? Not helping your argument, Rob. :)

106053[/snapback]

106060[/snapback]

Funnily enough the movie industry seems to think that the Oscars ARE a measure of quality

106073[/snapback]

Aye and they thought Pearl Harbour was a good idea, and Snakes on a Plane.

Aye and they thought Pearl Harbour was a good idea, and Snakes on a Plane.

106081[/snapback]

In fairness, that could be the greatest movie ever made, we just don't know; I'm certainly waiting with bated breath.

you're right Rob I shouldn't have said "best" I should have said most enjoyable. Most entertaining... or some such.

mind you I didn't say that the Best movie from recent years was from a comic, nor did I say that all comic book movies were good, I did in fact state that the reverse was absolutely possible.

you're right Rob I shouldn't have said "best" I should have said most enjoyable. Most entertaining... or some such.

mind you I didn't say that the Best movie from recent years was from a comic, nor did I say that all comic book movies were good, I did in fact state that the reverse was absolutely possible.

106125[/snapback]

More caveats than a Blaydon post about Viana's capabilities of playing as a defensive midfielder tbh :)

Well, with all the whiney pedants around, I felt best to try and cover as many bases as possible.

(you have no idea how many times I read and re-read this post to make sure I hadn't mispelt anything. You lot have me paranoid.)

Sin City isn't a comic tbh.

106392[/snapback]

Isn't it? You're not going to tell me it's a "graphic novel", are you?

106400[/snapback]

Erm.....yeah because it is.