Downloaded the match

Christmas Tree

Have a look-see here Christmas .

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

Its a free multi-media suite of programs that's very handy to have installed .

I know there's an avi. converter amongst it but not sure about compression software .

Either way, if youre looking to downsize the filesize you'll inevitably have to sacrifice on image quality in my experience .

Hope helps .

While on - where did you d'l match mate ? - for BACKUP PURPOSES only of course ... (sniff)

Have a look-see here Christmas .

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

Its a free multi-media suite of programs that's very handy to have installed .

I know there's an avi. converter amongst it but not sure about compression software .

Either way, if youre looking to downsize the filesize you'll inevitably have to sacrifice on image quality in my experience .

Hope helps .

While on - where did you d'l match mate ? - for BACKUP PURPOSES only of course ... (sniff)

Cheers

http://regmo.blogspot.com/2011/02/522011-e...al-english.html

how are the files too big? cant you burn to a disc?

if you convert to .avi youll most likely lose some of the quality

and by the way, 720p is not hd. :lol:

The files play ok on the lap top when plugged in, but not on battery. But the main problem is, usually downloaded files show up on my TV, but this one doesnt. Not sure if its because its a large file or because its a mkv.

Anyway, busy converting it now.

Re the HD bit, thats just what it says on that link, i wouldnt know. The quality did look bloody good mind.

What are you playing it on?

MKV are HD files, so whatever you play them on will need to support it. Is there a reason you want the match in lower quality?

Try adding XviD to your search will bring up what you want.

What are you playing it on?

MKV are HD files, so whatever you play them on will need to support it. Is there a reason you want the match in lower quality?

Try adding XviD to your search will bring up what you want.

Normally any downloaded video will play wirelessly from my laptop, to my Blu Ray player and then into the TV.

Hwoever due to either the size of the file or more probably the fact that the blu ray player doesnt play mkv files, it wouldnt play wirelessly.

I have now converted it to an avi file and it plays fine.

Cheers.