Roberto Martinez

Craig

Mclaren won the league with Twente and won a league cup with Boro, as well as getting to a European final. He's obviously got skills as a manager because neither of those teams were world beaters and both went downhill after he left.

Good coach as well (Man Utd). Probably well shot of the toxic media coverage he'd get here though.

I think the England job's basically took a massive dump on his CV like and many teams will stay away from him because of the Media coverage and reaction of fan's

I wouldn't mind seeing him here tbh i reckon he's a good manager and could do a good job with us or any other Prem team

Mclaren won the league with Twente and won a league cup with Boro, as well as getting to a European final. He's obviously got skills as a manager because neither of those teams were world beaters and both went downhill after he left.

Good coach as well (Man Utd). Probably well shot of the toxic media coverage he'd get here though.

I think the England job's basically took a massive dump on his CV like and many teams will stay away from him because of the Media coverage and reaction of fan's

I wouldn't mind seeing him here tbh i reckon he's a good manager and could do a good job with us or any other Prem team

It was absolutely ridiculous that he was even offered the job. It was far too early in his career.

It was absolutely ridiculous that he was even offered the job. It was far too early in his career.

And for the fact he was Sven's right hand man and the FA were looking to appoint someone who was already part of that failed set-up

A few years away from that job and building up his CV would have done him the world of good and his future prospects

And for the fact he was Sven's right hand man and the FA were looking to appoint someone who was already part of that failed set-up

A few years away from that job and building up his CV would have done him the world of good and his future prospects

It was a flawed decision all round. They bowed to press pressure by appointing an Englishman then, as you say, gave it to him to maintain continuity. You also got the feeling he'd been a buffer between the players and managers before that and was 'matey' with them which made it hard for him to then step up as a manager. I've always said international jobs should be 'wily old foxes' who've been there and done it anyway. You can't learn on the job because of the lack of games, the scrutiny under which each game is played and the long gap between matches.