directx is being a b*****d

kitty-sniper

ok well my problem basically is for around 3 months every time i tried to play a particular game (rome total war ) it said "Rome total war failed to find DirectX 9, which is required for the game to run. Please re install DirectX." but re installing it didn't work. recently i got fed up and did several things trying to make it work including installing another patch and various other junk. Miraculously i solved the problem and it worked again, however, 2-3 days ago after re booting i had an unmountable_boot_volume prob forcing me to restore, now i don't know and can't remember what i did to fix it. I thought that me installing the new patch had fixed the prob, but it had not. Any ideas.

• 3 months later...

I think it might have been sorted by running it in compatibility mode with windows 98 or something. Or it might have been by updating graphics card drivers maybe?

It wasn't anything overly complicated anyway.

How did you fix it?

I have the same problem, please tell me, step by step :blink:

58299[/snapback]

Check this freeloading bastard out! :rolleyes:

Is clearly browsing as a guest. Joins at 9:06, posts at 9:07 to get help with his computer problem and then doesn't post again.

Down with this sort of thing! ;)