Relegation to be stopped

Happy Face

I think it's nonsense and won't happen. Take away relegation and the Prem becomes pointless for half the teams, and removes a big chunk of the end of season excitement. Damaging the product isn't in the interest of the top teams which have no risk of relegation anyway.

While I agree it's not a good idea, just looking at the way teams in the US are run in closed leagues shows that you can very easily make a profit off of a shitty team which finishes dead last for 20 years running if you don't have to worry about relegation.

But they don't have the massive outgoings on wages that the EPL clubs have. Most of the MLS players (apart from the designated players) are on lower championship-league 1 wages.

Most MLS players are WELL below even those wages.

I was talking more about MLB, where the league minimum salary is $414,000. On a roster of 25.

After looking at the way the players unions of the NFL and NBA have nearly led to the demise of both their leagues seasons (NBA's still could be) I think the players over there get too much, much worse situation than the Premier League imo

You will get no argument from me, but those teams also all make massive profits. It's hardly out of line for the players to ask for a larger share of what the owners are getting.

I think it's nonsense and won't happen. Take away relegation and the Prem becomes pointless for half the teams, and removes a big chunk of the end of season excitement. Damaging the product isn't in the interest of the top teams which have no risk of relegation anyway.

While I agree it's not a good idea, just looking at the way teams in the US are run in closed leagues shows that you can very easily make a profit off of a shitty team which finishes dead last for 20 years running if you don't have to worry about relegation.

But they don't have the massive outgoings on wages that the EPL clubs have. Most of the MLS players (apart from the designated players) are on lower championship-league 1 wages.

Most MLS players are WELL below even those wages.

I was talking more about MLB, where the league minimum salary is $414,000. On a roster of 25.

After looking at the way the players unions of the NFL and NBA have nearly led to the demise of both their leagues seasons (NBA's still could be) I think the players over there get too much, much worse situation than the Premier League imo

You will get no argument from me, but those teams also all make massive profits. It's hardly out of line for the players to ask for a larger share of what the owners are getting.

The only NFL team thats books are open is the Packers as they are publicly owned, last time they reported the profit was $5.2 Million from a turnover of $258 Million. That's bugger all.

Only way it works, with a closed shop, is with a salary cap and that would have to be pan european if it was to work, (and of course if it was legal in the EU which I don't know).