Pardew

LeazesMag

http://www.thisislon...at-7777988.html

can someone please change the title of this. Thank you. I hit a key in error which posted the topic and there doesn't seem to be a facility to edit the title.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/28926-alan-pardew/page__st__3420#entry1079912

Already been covered mate

Wouldn't have thought so, the London Evening Standard has put a London based spin on things to interest their readers; Londoner wins manager of the year, Londoner would like to manage Wembley United at some point, Northerners are deluded... that kind of thing.

it's a nothing article really

Wouldn't have thought so, the London Evening Standard has put a London based spin on things to interest their readers; Londoner wins manager of the year, Londoner would like to manage Wembley United at some point, Northerners are deluded... that kind of thing.

it's a nothing article really

there are plenty of "nothing" articles floating around.........

it's no different to hundreds/thousands of journalistic articles ?

Edit.

In fact, I think its a lot more interesting than most of the other dross you read in papers.

Edited by LeazesMag

it's no different to hundreds/thousands of journalistic articles ?

Edit.

In fact, I think its a lot more interesting than most of the other dross you read in papers.

:lol:

Leazes man, in one post you've said it's the same and that it's different. Which is it?

:lol:

Leazes man, in one post you've said it's the same and that it's different. Which is it?

I said its interesting, and a lot more interesting than most dross that is in papers, some of which is also put on here that are poured over with gusto. I am surprised this article, both in this thread and the other, hasn't attracted a lot more interest and comment.

England is another alternative for Alan Pardew that had not cropped up before, it is possible.

I said its interesting, and a lot more interesting than most dross that is in papers, some of which is also put on here that are poured over with gusto. I am surprised this article, both in this thread and the other, hasn't attracted a lot more interest and comment.

England is another alternative for Alan Pardew that had not cropped up before, it is possible.

It's not possible though, He himself states he's not in the running, he says he'd need 4-5 years more Premier League AND pedigree in European competitions to be in with a genuine shout. So the article you are talking about doesn't say that England is an alternative for Pardew. It says the opposite, but is coloured by the journalist to sound like it does say Pardew is gunning for an England post.

It's getting no reaction because it's a fairly obvious attempt to get a rise out of Geordies and a fairly obvious attempt to pander to Londoners. The quotes are fair and balanced and taking into account everything else they're not controversial in the slightest.

It's not possible though, He himself states he's not in the running, he says he'd need 4-5 years more Premier League AND pedigree in European competitions to be in with a genuine shout. So the article you are talking about doesn't say that England is an alternative for Pardew. It says the opposite, but is coloured by the journalist to sound like it does say Pardew is gunning for an England post.

It's getting no reaction because it's a fairly obvious attempt to get a rise out of Geordies and a fairly obvious attempt to pander to Londoners. The quotes are fair and balanced and taking into account everything else they're not controversial in the slightest.

what people say isn't always what they do. Especially when such opportunities are offered to someone.

Hodgson has it for the moment, and if Pardew has a good next few years as a manager he would def be a major candidate to replace him.

And if this is his eventual goal, then it is interesting to see what he says he feels to get behind him in terms of managerial experience to be better equipped to handle it.

Edited by LeazesMag

what people say isn't always what they do. Especially when such opportunities are offered to someone.

Hodgson has it for the moment, and if Pardew has a good next few years as a manager he would def be a major candidate to replace him.

And if this is his eventual goal, then it is interesting to see what he says he feels to get behind him in terms of managerial experience to be better equipped to handle it.

But they haven't been, nor will they be for some time yet. So I'm unclear as to what it is exactly that you found interesting about this article? It's fairly obvious to everyone that Pardew wasn't in the running and it's fairly obvious that a manager would need years of Premier League achievement (by whatever marks you measure success) and you'd want him to have had experience of Europe.

So he's told us nothing we didn't already know and the only person who has suggested he was in with a shout of the England job is Mihir Bose, the articles author.

But they haven't been, nor will they be for some time yet. So I'm unclear as to what it is exactly that you found interesting about this article? It's fairly obvious to everyone that Pardew wasn't in the running and it's fairly obvious that a manager would need years of Premier League achievement (by whatever marks you measure success) and you'd want him to have had experience of Europe.

So he's told us nothing we didn't already know and the only person who has suggested he was in with a shout of the England job is Mihir Bose, the articles author.

Well, this Mihir Bose is a fuckwit to be honest. He once did an article about the mackems when they opened the SOS and while launching into the biggest load of rubbish imagineable about how "great" Bob Murray was [because he had saved the mackems etc etc......while they were giving away free tickets to fill this spanking new stadium, doing absolutely nothing on the pitch......he called him Bob Reid. Think about it.

What a knacker.

What I find interesting about the article is what I have explained, you know my thoughts on Pardew and his possible future. I'm also slightly taken aback that you have dismissed this article as "nothing" when put against the hundreds of others that are posted and commented on, and the reason for dismissing it as such.

I think if it had had a thread of its own in the first place it may have attracted more comments.

Well, this Mihir Bose is a fuckwit to be honest. He once did an article about the mackems when they opened the SOS and while launching into the biggest load of rubbish imagineable about how "great" Bob Murray was [because he had saved the mackems etc etc......while they were giving away free tickets to fill this spanking new stadium, doing absolutely nothing on the pitch......he called him Bob Reid. Think about it.

What a knacker.

What I find interesting about the article is what I have explained, you know my thoughts on Pardew and his possible future. I'm also slightly taken aback that you have dismissed this article as "nothing" when put against the hundreds of others that are posted and commented on, and the reason for dismissing it as such.

I think if it had had a thread of its own in the first place it may have attracted more comments.

I don't know your thoughts on Pardew and his possible future.

The reason I've dismissed it is because it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. That's why I've dismissed it.

Yet it appears that you're trying to suggest this article offers some kind of insight?

I don't know your thoughts on Pardew and his possible future.

The reason I've dismissed it is because it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. That's why I've dismissed it.

Yet it appears that you're trying to suggest this article offers some kind of insight?

my thoughts on Pardew have been stated on many occasions since we appointed him and are summarised in my sig.

I don't really think most newspaper articles offer any information whatsover, yet the vast majority appear to be debated with gusto, as I said, particularly ones by Louise Taylor, but this one was not. It is a newspaper article like any other but the information in it is far more interesting in its perception than most. I don't get why you dismissed it in the way you did.

I disagree with your assertion that "the vast majority appear to be debated with gusto". In fact, I'd say the opposite was true. I'd say that, in fact, most articles are ignored as the pulp that they are.

I'd also disagree that this article tells us anything that we didn't already know, so I'm not sure why you'd be bothered that it's being dismissed.