iPods

StevenL

Or more specifically, an iPod Touch.

Basically I want to take all of my songs from my Ipod and put them onto my computer, without the songs currently in iTunes syncing.

Back in the day you could plug you iPod in, open it on my computer, set your folder options to see hidden folders and there they all were. Is this still the case? I can't test it out myself because I have no idea how to see hidden folders on Windows Vista, so if someone (ant) can tell me how to do that then that would be a great start.

Thanks in advance.

Or more specifically, an iPod Touch.

Basically I want to take all of my songs from my Ipod and put them onto my computer, without the songs currently in iTunes syncing.

Back in the day you could plug you iPod in, open it on my computer, set your folder options to see hidden folders and there they all were. Is this still the case? I can't test it out myself because I have no idea how to see hidden folders on Windows Vista, so if someone (ant) can tell me how to do that then that would be a great start.

Thanks in advance.

There's a few programs out there that do just this

try http://www.mediamonkey.com/

open up an explorer window on windows

hit alt to see the menu bar at the top

Tools > Folder Options > view > show hidden files

my not work on your touch though, does on iPod classics the folder you're looking for is in ipod_control or something

you'd need it jailbreak it to get to see the root filesystem

That won't have the mp3s named properly though, will it?