A investigation into the relationship between Newcastle United fans and their motives, perceptions, influences and experience when attending at home

joshnufc

Hi guys i was just wondering if any other newcastle fans would be able to fill in my questionnaire about your experience as a Newcastle fan when attending live games. The questionnaire looks into different newcastle fans perceptions, motives and intentions and how certain factors affect their decision to attend and experiences It only takes around 2-5 mins to fill in and the results are been used for my dissertation based in newcastle and would be much appreciated. I figured this would be easier than me pestering people at the home games and hopefully would get an insight into a mixture of fans views. All results from the study will be posted on here at a later date. Thanks Josh

https://docs.google....-DMCUI/viewform

Can't believe anyone has said that the comfort of the seating impacts on their decision on whether to go to a game.

I go to a game because it's on. I couldn't give a flying fuck how comfortable the seats are or how easy it is to get to the pissers. I would actually be interested to know if any of those things really are a consideration to anyone other than those who have young children to take or the disabled.

Can't agree with your sampling justification there mind. Matchgoers that post on an nufc forum are gonna be largely like minded.

You've gotta do the legwork at the stadium.

Mind, for my dissertation I filled in all the questionaires myself so who am I to argue.

A couple of little things you might want to tweak.

You need to re-word this question;

Matchday Experience

Rate the following statements between 1-5 based on how they affect your overall experience and enjoyment when attending a live Newcastle United Premier League home game.

You're asking me to agree or disagree to a request to rate. I can't do both; I either rate something on how much it affects my enjoyment (it greatly affects -> it doesn't affect at all) or I dis/agree with the statement that it does affect my enjoyment.

You've also typoed "describe" in the open question on that page.

Can't believe anyone has said that the comfort of the seating impacts on their decision on whether to go to a game.

I used to sit in the 4th row of the Leazes. I moved because the view of the other side of the pitch was non-existent and because my knees didn't fit behind the chair in front. Comfort played a big part in my decision. If the entire stadium was like that, I'd have a decision to make.

I used to sit in the 4th row of the Leazes. I moved because the view of the other side of the pitch was non-existent and because my knees didn't fit behind the chair in front. Comfort played a big part in my decision. If the entire stadium was like that, I'd have a decision to make.

I appreciate something like that would play a part in a decision on whether to move or not and I can accept that it would reduce your enjoyment. But would it seriously effect your decision on whether or not to go to the match? Personally as long as I could get in anywhere I would go. Mind you, the fact that my seat is bang on the half way line opposite the directors box and as such gives me the best view in the house, means that I could never boycott as I would never want to risk losing that seat.