Star Wars figures on eBay

Lazarus

Seriously though, what is wrong with these dweebs?  Pay off a chunk of your mortgage or something.  Don't spend thousands of pounds on a little plastic figure that you won't even take out the box.

86012[/snapback]

I'm surprised you all think like this to be honest.

It's no different to people who buy any other investment that gives them pleasure. Like a cellar full of wine you'll probably never drink. Or paintings that live in vaults.

Many of the fine electric guitars from the 50s and 60s are now "too" valuable to play and many just get put into glass cases in Hard Rock Cafes and rich Japanese businessmens' apartments.

I don't share the enthusiasm for these toys but I can imagine if they make you happy you could get into spending your money on them.

:steamtrain:

86475[/snapback]

I can understand your point, but the things you mention are a bit different surely, works of art and even rare guitars and bottles of wine are unique whereas these are just mass produced bits of plastic that happen to be valuable because some sad fucker has kept in the box. You collect them, don't you? :P

Seriously though, what is wrong with these dweebs?  Pay off a chunk of your mortgage or something.  Don't spend thousands of pounds on a little plastic figure that you won't even take out the box.

86012[/snapback]

I'm surprised you all think like this to be honest.

It's no different to people who buy any other investment that gives them pleasure. Like a cellar full of wine you'll probably never drink. Or paintings that live in vaults.

Many of the fine electric guitars from the 50s and 60s are now "too" valuable to play and many just get put into glass cases in Hard Rock Cafes and rich Japanese businessmens' apartments.

I don't share the enthusiasm for these toys but I can imagine if they make you happy you could get into spending your money on them.

:icon_lol:

86475[/snapback]

I can understand your point, but the things you mention are a bit different surely, works of art and even rare guitars and bottles of wine are unique whereas these are just mass produced bits of plastic that happen to be valuable because some sad fucker has kept in the box. You collect them, don't you? :steamtrain:

86483[/snapback]

:P

Accrington Stanley!

My eldest lad just got a new toy Darth Vader today, I was tempted for a second to not let him open it !

86503[/snapback]

A lot of people buy two, and just open one. No guarantees there will still be saddos willing to buy this tat in the space year 2030 though.

My eldest lad just got a new toy Darth Vader today, I was tempted for a second to not let him open it !

86503[/snapback]

A lot of people buy two, and just open one. No guarantees there will still be saddos willing to buy this tat in the space year 2030 though.

86510[/snapback]

Very true, but who would have thought that in 1977 too !

86503[/snapback]

86510[/snapback]

How sad is that? The manufacturers must absolutely cream themselves that people will buy twice the normal amount without them having to do any extra work to shift the units.

86503[/snapback]

86510[/snapback]

How sad is that? The manufacturers must absolutely cream themselves that people will buy twice the normal amount without them having to do any extra work to shift the units.

86512[/snapback]

Maybe it's the manufacturers who are buying these figures now..... :P