GO GO!!! GO GRAEME GO GO GO!!

Asprilla

i disagree. i think the decision and the timing was wrong. i'm pretty sure that if robson had seen out the final year of his contract we would have challenged for europe instead of finishing 14th. we then could have spent the whole summer getting a top manager in.

88192[/snapback]

I agree with your post Dan except why couldn't we have replaced Robson in the summer of 2004 like Liverpool and Chelsea?

i disagree. i think the decision and the timing was wrong. i'm pretty sure that if robson had seen out the final year of his contract we would have challenged for europe instead of finishing 14th. we then could have spent the whole summer getting a top manager in.

88192[/snapback]

I agree with your post Dan except why couldn't we have replaced Robson in the summer of 2004 like Liverpool and Chelsea?

88198[/snapback]

i think he'd done enough in the past 3 seasons to deserve to see out the final year of his contract, despite a relatively poor penultimate season.

i know i'm in the minority on this one but after finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th i think it was harsh to sack him 4 games into the next season, and would have been equally harsh to let him go in the summer.

the season we finished 5th was disappointing but it shows how quickly expectations can change. souness guided us to 14th (i'm positive we would have finished far higher under sbr), then freddie backs him to the tune of £50m. what the fuck is all that about???

88192[/snapback]

88198[/snapback]

i think he'd done enough in the past 3 seasons to deserve to see out the final year of his contract, despite a relatively poor penultimate season.

i know i'm in the minority on this one but after finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th i think it was harsh to sack him 4 games into the next season, and would have been equally harsh to let him go in the summer.

the season we finished 5th was disappointing but it shows how quickly expectations can change. souness guided us to 14th (i'm positive we would have finished far higher under sbr), then freddie backs him to the tune of £50m. what the fuck is all that about???

88206[/snapback]

I believe we were on the slide though. Liverpool binned Houlier after he pipped us to 4th and haven't looked back. The timing and manner of Robson's sacking couldn't have been worse though, as has been much discussed.

88192[/snapback]

88198[/snapback]

88206[/snapback]

I believe we were on the slide though. Liverpool binned Houlier after he pipped us to 4th and haven't looked back. The timing and manner of Robson's sacking couldn't have been worse though, as has been much discussed.

88212[/snapback]

we'll never know for sure either way now.

one thing is clear to all though - shepherd's judgement and timing of both the sbr and souness sackings couldn't have been worse.

don't you agree leazesmag?