Dentists

Howaythelads

I thought it was a common (-ish) joke in America that we have shit teeth.

104056[/snapback]

qy6d6r.jpg

tbs tbs.

104069[/snapback]

Rob's talking shit again :clapping:

Thanks for the support Gemmill, but I don't really need it mate. Unfortunately for you lot, on this subject I know what I'm talking about.

There are links out there.........here's a couple........

Link 1

Link 2

Note the last paragraph. What a scream that is, if you get my drift as it's obvious what has been happening.

104067[/snapback]

No need to ram it down our throats :nufc:

:clapping:

You're lucky I didn't meet up with you and knock them all out though. :clapping::nufc:

104078[/snapback]

That's why I didn't offer to meet up with you mate, I know you're deed hard, like.

104084[/snapback]

Aye, you had a lucky escape there like. In Spain I'm known as El Solido.

You're lucky I didn't meet up with you and knock them all out though. :clapping::)

104078[/snapback]

That's why I didn't offer to meet up with you mate, I know you're deed hard, like.

104084[/snapback]

Aye, you had a lucky escape there like. In Spain I'm known as El Solido.

104085[/snapback]

In Spain, Luque's known as a footballer... :nufc:

Is this true? I've heard nothing of it and a quick Google has revealed nothing either. As far as I was aware, dental care is free on the NHS for under 18s if you can find an NHS dentist.

103877[/snapback]

Absolutely true.

104039[/snapback]

|Not that I don't believe you, but have you got a link? Just the implications are absolutely massive, you could have families paying huge amounts of money. Surprised there's not uproar really.

104044[/snapback]

No link.

On 1st April the Department of Health is changing the procedure for contracts for NHS dentists. I'm predicting the result of this will be massive numbers of dentists pulling out of the NHS altogether. Just stand back and watch it happen, mate.

The Government of course will blame dentists, and the general public will swallow it. But the fact is the new system will make it nigh on impossible for a dentist to treat people under the NHS.

Private treatment for all is coming through the back door.

104058[/snapback]

My mate's a dentist and is going 100% private from the 1st of April, which does support what HTL is saying.

104063[/snapback]

Thanks for the support Gemmill, but I don't really need it mate. Unfortunately for you lot, on this subject I know what I'm talking about.

Link 1

Link 2

Note the last paragraph. What a scream that is, if you get my drift as it's obvious what has been happening.

104067[/snapback]

Ah, you're talking about the new contract. What you mean is that it will be harder to find an NHS dentist (I agree), not that Under 16s won't be entitled to free dental care per se. I think we'll have to see what the upshot is - I suspect the effect will vary greatly depending on your locality. I also think that the dentist shortage will be a short-lived thing - there are currently hundreds more dental students being taught than there were if figures are to be believed.

Is this true? I've heard nothing of it and a quick Google has revealed nothing either. As far as I was aware, dental care is free on the NHS for under 18s if you can find an NHS dentist.

103877[/snapback]

Absolutely true.

104039[/snapback]

|Not that I don't believe you, but have you got a link? Just the implications are absolutely massive, you could have families paying huge amounts of money. Surprised there's not uproar really.

104044[/snapback]

No link.

On 1st April the Department of Health is changing the procedure for contracts for NHS dentists. I'm predicting the result of this will be massive numbers of dentists pulling out of the NHS altogether. Just stand back and watch it happen, mate.

The Government of course will blame dentists, and the general public will swallow it. But the fact is the new system will make it nigh on impossible for a dentist to treat people under the NHS.

Private treatment for all is coming through the back door.

104058[/snapback]

My mate's a dentist and is going 100% private from the 1st of April, which does support what HTL is saying.

104063[/snapback]

Link 1

Link 2

104067[/snapback]

Ah, you're talking about the new contract. What you mean is that it will be harder to find an NHS dentist (I agree), not that Under 16s won't be entitled to free dental care per se. I think we'll have to see what the upshot is - I suspect the effect will vary greatly depending on your locality. I also think that the dentist shortage will be a short-lived thing - there are currently hundreds more dental students being taught than there were if figures are to be believed.

104135[/snapback]

Not really, Renton. Read between the lines mate.

The Government knows it can't just come out and scrap NHS treatment for under 16's, so they make it impossible for the dentists to work for the NHS. The dentists will therefore pull the plug because they will have to. The dentists will get the blame, the Government put a spin on it, lie and hide the real facts.

The fact is, there is a caveat in the contract that has the effect of 'all or nothing'. If a dentist takes on ANY private patients they will not be eligible for a contract to do NHS work. At all. Most dentists will not be able to exist on what is being offered under the NHS contract, the deal won't even cover their business overhead. They will have to do some private work. That means.......no NHS contract.

As for a shortage of dentists. Well with the numbers of Polish dentists coming here, who may or may not be properly qualified, there probably will be plenty of dentists as you say. But do you want to risk it?

Edited by Howaythelads