Liverpool to sign Bellamy for £6m

Scottish Mag

Can't you lot take Leazes back?  :lol:

:D

150027[/snapback]

An intelligent post from you, as usual.

It's not my fault I was the only person who said Bellamy was a great player when we signed him....

:D

150028[/snapback]

A bold statement considering this place, nor it's earlier incarnations, had been created and therefore you couldn't possibly know what the rest of us thought at the time :icon_lol:

150059[/snapback]

Grassroots will tell you .......

150216[/snapback]

So you're trying to say that HTT knew what we all thought before this place existed then, eh?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of rivals in the league are ultimately going to profit from his services thanks simply to a carry-on of stupid proportions nearly 18 months ago??

And let us not forget there were two parties involved in that spat. It was all being 'put into the past'..........

Then Bellamy decided to speak live on SSN.

I've agreed (and still do) that other managers would have handled the situation better, but anyone who said Bellamy was blameless is kidding themselves. Ultimately, he's engineered himself a move to a club in the CL...

149939[/snapback]

Anyone who thinks Liverpool are our "rivals" is kidding themselves tbh

150144[/snapback]

I personally class all of the other 19 clubs in the Premiership as our rivals - Liverpool included :lol:

Class signing for Liverpool I reckon. Cheers Graeme.

150895[/snapback]

He won't like having to play down the right. Expect fireworks.

150901[/snapback]

If he plays him wide right.

Still pissed off at Souness and the player himself that he's not here.

Random view from a Rovers forum:

Dissapointed at Bellamy. Hughes has put time, money and effort into developing a moody, injury prone, hotheaded strikers that had only scored 12 goals in one season into one of the biggest threats in the premiership, and it looks like Bellamy has turned around and shoved two fingers up at the man that has been an influence throughout his playing career.

Class signing for Liverpool I reckon. Cheers Graeme.

150895[/snapback]

He won't like having to play down the right. Expect fireworks.

150901[/snapback]

If he plays him wide right.

150904[/snapback]

Slot into the Cisse role I reckon.

Blackburn have given Liverpool permission to talk to Craig Bellamy after receiving a bid for the striker.

Rovers boss Mark Hughes told Bellamy, 26, that he can talk to the Reds after the bid met contractual conditions.

Blackburn chairman John Williams told the club website: "We have made it crystal clear to Craig and his advisers that we want him at Ewood Park.

"We made him an improved offer before Liverpool declared their interest, one that was consistent with our ambition."

The Wales international joined Blackburn last summer after an acrimonious end to his time at Newcastle.

But Bellamy's contract at Ewood Park is thought to include a clause, active until June 30, that allows him to speak to any club offering £6m.

Liverpool are understood to have offered that amount, paving the way for contract negotiations to begin.

Williams added: "The decision now rests with the player."

Bellamy scored 17 goals in 26 league and Cup starts for Rovers last season.Blackburn have given Liverpool permission to talk to Craig Bellamy after receiving a bid for the striker.

Rovers boss Mark Hughes told Bellamy, 26, that he can talk to the Reds after the bid met contractual conditions.

Blackburn chairman John Williams told the club website: "We have made it crystal clear to Craig and his advisers that we want him at Ewood Park.

"We made him an improved offer before Liverpool declared their interest, one that was consistent with our ambition."

The Wales international joined Blackburn last summer after an acrimonious end to his time at Newcastle.

But Bellamy's contract at Ewood Park is thought to include a clause, active until June 30, that allows him to speak to any club offering £6m.

Liverpool are understood to have offered that amount, paving the way for contract negotiations to begin.

Williams added: "The decision now rests with the player."

Bellamy scored 17 goals in 26 league and Cup starts for Rovers last season.

:lol:

I still don't know why Shepherd sanctioned the sale of Bellamy instead of getting rid of Souness thereby necessitating the signing of Owen which of course means we have no money to spend now. Had we kept Bellamy we could have used the 12 million difference between him and Owen towards a top class replacement for Shearer.

Liverpool were our rivals 2 years ago but instead of changing our manager at the right time and scouring Europe for a top class replacement we left it too late and ended up with Souness. A Champions League, FA Cup and close 3rd finish later I don't think Liverpool would regard us as rivals and most people who were at the Liverpool home match last season would agree that we are no longer in the same class.

Micky Quinn thinks that unless we really splash out this Summer the gap with Newcastle and the top clubs will be continue to grow consigning us to years of mediocrity. Personally I am worried that appointing Roeder as manager has already done this even if we somehow find the money for some top quality players.

I still don't know why Shepherd sanctioned the sale of Bellamy instead of getting rid of Souness thereby necessitating the signing of Owen which of course means we have no money to spend now. Had we kept Bellamy we could have used the 12 million difference between him and Owen towards a top class replacement for Shearer.

Liverpool were our rivals 2 years ago but instead of changing our manager at the right time and scouring Europe for a top class replacement we left it too late and ended up with Souness. A Champions League, FA Cup and close 3rd finish later I don't think Liverpool would regard us as rivals and most people who were at the Liverpool home match last season would agree that we are no longer in the same class.

Micky Quinn thinks that unless we really splash out this Summer the gap with Newcastle and the top clubs will be continue to grow consigning us to years of mediocrity. Personally I am worried that appointing Roeder as manager has already done this even if we somehow find the money for some top quality players.

150980[/snapback]

Shepherd had to back the manager rather than the player.

Why? Because if he didn't it would make him look even more incompetent for appointing Souness?

150992[/snapback]

Not a fan of Souness but the chairman has to back the manager over a player in a dispute like that. Bellamy wasn't without blame and he already thought he owned the place, in my view, thanks to SBR letting him do what he wanted (along with others).

Why? Because if he didn't it would make him look even more incompetent for appointing Souness?

150992[/snapback]

Not a fan of Souness but the chairman has to back the manager over a player in a dispute like that. Bellamy wasn't without blame and he already thought he owned the place, in my view, thanks to SBR letting him do what he wanted (along with others).

150996[/snapback]

He used to get on his mobile and call ahead to get the players off the training pitch so his helicopter could land. :lol:

I disagree that you have to back a manager who lies to the press and actively seeks confrontation. In any event backing the manager did not mean Bellamy had to be sold. Shepherd could have sent him out on loan and then brought him back saying he had learnt his lesson (especially if he had got rid of Souness at the end of last season before he had a chance to do any more damage to the club).

I disagree that you have to back a manager who lies to the press and actively seeks confrontation. In any event backing the manager did not mean Bellamy had to be sold. Shepherd could have sent him out on loan and then brought him back saying he had learnt his lesson (especially if he had got rid of Souness at the end of last season before he had a chance to do any more damage to the club).

151005[/snapback]

I'm just talking about this particular incident. If you're saying that Shepherd should have gotten rid of Souness earlier, I agree. If you're saying he shouldn't have appointed him, I agree. But when a player and the manager go head-to-head, the chairman has to back the manager I reckon. If he'd backed Bellamy and sacked Souness (purely over that incident) things might have quite easily turned out worse than they have.

151005[/snapback]

I'm just talking about this particular incident. If you're saying that Shepherd should have gotten rid of Souness earlier, I agree. If you're saying he shouldn't have appointed him, I agree. But when a player and the manager go head-to-head, the chairman has to back the manager I reckon. If he'd backed Bellamy and sacked Souness (purely over that incident) things might have quite easily turned out worse than they have.

151008[/snapback]

Quite easily as that certainly sends out the wrong message to everyone, imagine how much more of a laughing stock we'd have been then

Backing a player over the manager didn't seem to be a problem when it was Shearer over Ruud Gullit.

151019[/snapback]

Gullit resigned.

But it was quite clear which one of them the Chairman was backing and Gullit has since publicly said so.

(Incidentally his previous club also backed the players over Gullit which should perhaps have been considered before his appointment).

But it was quite clear which one of them the Chairman was backing and Gullit has since publicly said so.

(Incidentally his previous club also backed the players over Gullit which should perhaps have been considered before his appointment).

151036[/snapback]

Why do you say that? Shepherd seemed to keep out of it to me. Gullit went because of the results in my view rather than just the Mackem game/dropping Shearer. That was just the final nail in the coffin after he'd lost the plot. In any case, if you're right and Shepherd was backing Shearer over Gullit, that was the wrong thing to do too.

He used to get on his mobile and call ahead to get the players off the training pitch so his helicopter could land. :D

151001[/snapback]

Sent a text I heard :lol:

Regarding "the incident", I know who I believed more at the time - the runt, not the *nast word that catmag dont like (sorry for my language but I still feel bitter at the thought of Souness and what he has done to us, and btw, JW, is this board now censored?).

But anyway, forget that, as has been pointed out, the sale of Bellamy did not have to inevitable, as loaning him to Celtic proves. On his return, it should have been obvious to even the biggest idiot that Souness had to go (which meant Bellamy could have stayed), but he didn't. The buck stops at Shepherd, who though his own complete incompetence has set this club back at least 5 years. And only an idiot can't see that. :lol: