Internet Speed

Kid Dynamite

My computer has been running shit the last few days so i decided to run a internet speed test. Im supposed to have 576kb p/s

the results on my desktop pc were 36kb

the results on my laptop were 76kb

either way both pretty damn shit! my pc has lots of shit on so its understandably going to be a bit slower but 36 friggin k :lol:

also my laptop has just been restored so its got nowt on so should be running at full speed!

Any clues, i have a couple of filters running through the same phone line with sky so that might not be helping. all else i can think of is that tesco have cut my bandwith for excessive use, but surely they would have sent me a letter first?

ps i know this should be in help but it always takes 3 days to get a reply in there!

Sounds like you could have some backdoor programs that could be running on your comp and thus stealing your Internet bandwidth.

Make sure you have an anti-spyware program or summat that you can run on your pc and see if there is any shite that could be installed on your comp. I say this because it should be the same speed as on your laptop and home computer....

Oh and your speed on your laptop is fine mate, I had a 512kb connection and I was averaging around those speeds aswell.

Sounds like you could have some backdoor programs that could be running on your comp and thus stealing your Internet bandwidth.

Make sure you have an anti-spyware program or summat that you can run on your pc and see if there is any shite that could be installed on your comp. I say this because it should be the same speed as on your laptop and home computer....

Oh and your speed on your laptop is fine mate, I had a 512kb connection and I was averaging around those speeds aswell.

151037[/snapback]

Ive run adaware, spybot and spywaredoctor, and they arent showing anything!