Lampard Injury Scare

Gemmill

Lampard will score tomorrow.

154875[/snapback]

I reckon you are right, I think he will run into form tomorrow. He has been poor but I just hve a feeling tomorrow will be his day

154880[/snapback]

Well I got that one well and fucking truly bang on didnt I

155691[/snapback]

Same as when you backed Sven for taking Walcott and only one other fully fit striker :(

155697[/snapback]

I cant think of any point when a.n.other striker would have made it onto the pitch, so that point is fairly moot

Guest alex

154875[/snapback]

I reckon you are right, I think he will run into form tomorrow. He has been poor but I just hve a feeling tomorrow will be his day

154880[/snapback]

155691[/snapback]

Same as when you backed Sven for taking Walcott and only one other fully fit striker :(

155697[/snapback]

I cant think of any point when a.n.other striker would have made it onto the pitch, so that point is fairly moot

155711[/snapback]

I take your point but the reason for that is the clueless manager though IMO. It was daft to take Walcott then not have the courage to play him at all. It was daft to limit the striking options when two of the four strikers were not fully fit. If another striker like Defoe had gone along, Sven probably still wouldn't have used him but that doesn't mean it would have been right not to use him. Also, you want attacking options on the bench. What was the point of taking Jenas? And it's not hindsight, I said a lot of this before the tounament.

The "desperate times" moment to use Walcott and just hope for the best was in extra time v Portugal. Bring him on and let him run at them and hopefully pick up free-kicks around the box. The kid is supposedly like shit off a stick and there were tired players in that Portugal team who couldn't have lived with his pace.

I didn't agree with taking him, but IF you're going to then surely that was the last-throw-of-the-dice moment that we all thought he'd been taken for.

Guest alex
The "desperate times" moment to use Walcott and just hope for the best was in extra time v Portugal.  Bring him on and let him run at them and hopefully pick up free-kicks around the box.  The kid is supposedly like shit off a stick and there were tired players in that Portugal team who couldn't have lived with his pace. 

I didn't agree with taking him, but IF you're going to then surely that was the last-throw-of-the-dice moment that we all thought he'd been taken for.

155744[/snapback]

Nah, bringing Carragher on was a masterstroke :(

The "desperate times" moment to use Walcott and just hope for the best was in extra time v Portugal.  Bring him on and let him run at them and hopefully pick up free-kicks around the box.  The kid is supposedly like shit off a stick and there were tired players in that Portugal team who couldn't have lived with his pace. 

155744[/snapback]

Nah, bringing Carragher on was a masterstroke :)

155745[/snapback]

In comedy terms, yes it was :(

Guest alex

155744[/snapback]

Nah, bringing Carragher on was a masterstroke :lol:

155745[/snapback]

In comedy terms, yes it was :(

155747[/snapback]

The timing of Totti's pen was the only thing that shaded it in the World Cup so far :razz::)

154875[/snapback]

154880[/snapback]

155691[/snapback]

155697[/snapback]

155711[/snapback]

I take your point but the reason for that is the clueless manager though IMO. It was daft to take Walcott then not have the courage to play him at all. It was daft to limit the striking options when two of the four strikers were not fully fit. If another striker like Defoe had gone along, Sven probably still wouldn't have used him but that doesn't mean it would have been right not to use him. Also, you want attacking options on the bench. What was the point of taking Jenas? And it's not hindsight, I said a lot of this before the tounament.

155735[/snapback]

Everyone said it before the tournement, including me. Which is even more depressing.