Reward to trace murder van P 610 XCN

Rob W

Reward offer to trace Amelie van

The van could now be lawfully owned by a member of the public

A £20,000 reward has been offered in a bid to trace a van that may be central to an investigation into the murder of French student Amelie Delagrange.

Police have also released a new image of the van on the eve of the first anniversary of her murder on Twickenham Green in south-west London. Ms Delagrange was attacked on 19 August 2004, possibly by a serial killer.

Detectives believe the Ford Courier van, registration P610 XCN, was used by her killer and could hold vital clues.

To date, no-one has been charged with Ms Delagrange's murder. A 36-year-old man arrested in November was bailed until next month.

'Unusual step'

Det Ch Insp Colin Sutton said the suspect is thought to have used the van before and on the day of the murder. After that, it is believed to have been sold on and could be lawfully owned by a member of the public, he said.

The vehicle pictured in the stills taken around May last year in Hillingdon, west London, was registered to Cargo Air Services in Heathrow.

Amelie Delagrange

Amelie Delagrange came to London to improve her English

Mr Sutton added: "Locating it is of such vital importance to us that we have taken the unusual step of linking its recovery to the offer of a substantial reward for information leading to a prosecution."

He said he also needed to identify a small group of people who were nearby that night. "We have no suspicion that any of these people were involved in the murder, but it is possible that they still have small pieces of information," he added. Mr Sutton said he remained confident that the 22-year-old's killer would be caught.

Ms Delagrange died of severe head injuries following the attack. She had earlier spent the night at Cristalz wine bar in nearby London Road. Her murder has been linked with six other attacks in the area, including the killing of 19-year-old gap-year student Marsha McDonnell in nearby Hampton and the attempted murder of former convent school head girl Kate Sheedy.

14391[/snapback]

I bet she improved her Pakistani and Ethiopian better than her English in London !

14391[/snapback]

I bet she improved her Pakistani and Ethiopian better than her English in London !

14397[/snapback]

quoted for truth. i felt more like foreigner when i was down there.

all the tourists i come to London to experiance England, well you in the wrong place if you want to experiance england