Magpies recall Milner

Scottish Mag

James Milner has been recalled to the Newcastle squad for Thursday's Uefa Cup clash with Levadia Tallinn after Nolberto Solano was hit by injury.

Solano has been ruled out of the trip to Estonia after he picked up a hamstring problem in training on Monday.

Milner, who came close to leaving Newcastle on transfer deadline day, will now replace Solano in the squad after missing out altogether against Fulham last weekend.

Magpies boss Glenn Roeder is anxiously waiting to find out the full extent of Solano's injury, but he believes Milner is a more than capable deputy.

"Nobby pulled up in training and we are hoping it is not too serious," said Roeder.

"He will have a scan while we are away and, until we get the result, we do not really know whether he will be with us when we go to West Ham on Sunday.

"James will be involved in Tallinn and will play a significant part, and I am sure he will give us something down the right."

Meanwhile Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given has called on his team-mates to raise their game if they want to enjoy success in Europe.

Given was unhappy with the defeat to Fulham and has warned they must improve if they are to make any impact in the Uefa Cup.

"Whenever you have had a bad defeat or a bad result, the best thing is to have a game as soon as possible," said Given.

"It just was not good enough against Fulham and the goals were schoolboy errors.

"The game in Tallinn is on Thursday night, so that is a good thing for us.

"It will not be easy. They have already knocked out FC Twente.

"They are decent - but we have to get back to what we are good at and getting some results.

"We should have done that against Fulham and seen the game out with 10 minutes left, 1-0 up.

"A draw was bad enough, but it does not get any worse than losing the three points."

We are fucked if we are relying on kids like him. The club is down the pan.

5 years ago we had decent kids. Now we have young lads who belong at mediocre prem or championship sides.

Bellamy, Dyer, Lua Lua, Jenas were all good players. Even Hugo was light years ahead of Milner. Bramble was better than Taylor at his age.

Taylor, Milner, Ramage arent good enough at present. Taylor may be decent but so far has shown fuck all. Too much hype and not enough substance.

Zog is decent but rapidly seems to have been rated as something I just dont see. Good, yes. Better than that at present? Nope.

Club is rotten from top to bottom.

Well if ya feel like that about the team then ya shouldnt support them, Look at man u if they thought the same way about youngsters like you do they wouldnt be where they are now! Milner is an exciting player so is zoggy atleast they wanna run there heart out unlike some players i can mention (ie dyer). Taylor in my eyes is better than bramble and should be in the team at least his concentration levels are higher and if was playing on saturday i dont think we would've lost and taylor would benifit from moores experience Viana was poo milner is so much better to think we paid so much for viana and he provided fook all, milner as given the fans some excitment and thats what we like at matches as well as 3 points

Edited by daveytait176

Well if ya feel like that about the team then ya shouldnt support them, Look at man u if they thought the same way about youngsters like you do they wouldnt be where they are now! Milner is an exciting player so is zoggy atleast they wanna run there heart out unlike some players i can mention (ie dyer). Taylor in my eyes is better than bramble and should be in the team at least his concentration levels are higher and if was playing on saturday i dont think we would've lost and taylor would benifit from moores experience Viana was poo milner is so much better to think we paid so much for viana and he provided fook all, milner as given the fans some excitment and thats what we like at matches as well as 3 points

Bollocks.

Running your heart out ? Kevin Scott used to do that and he was shite aswell.

Bellamy, Jenas, Lua Lua and Dyer had/ have talent. Others I haent mentioned were the equal of Taylor and Milner so far.

Milner is poor. Taylor has done nowt - dives in far too often, has had his fair share of clangers and is sadly pedestrian paced.

As for the excitement Milner gives us? ;) He makes Kenny Wharton look pacey.

Did you see him at Villa?

Exciting? He couldnt kick Gemmills arse and apparently there is a big enough target.

Some people are easy pleased.

Zog is decent. We deserve better than the crumbs of comfort a kid like him provides.

The last time I felt like this was the season we sold Gazza (and that was a kid kept us up almost single handedly - Goddard scored the goals but everyone knows where the difference in the side lay). Were headed towards some almighty shite if the fat fucker doesnt sort himself out. Roeder needs to go but he isnt the only one.