Ronaldo 'The Greatest Player There Never Was' Compilation

Tooj

ronaldo.jpg

Despite all of the injuries and what has happened to him, from 96-99 no player and i mean no player since Maradona was anywhere near the level of Ronaldo's ability, i'm basing this on his ability from that period as he was that good, say whatever you want about him now but from that period the man was unstoppable. He would have been regarded as one of the finest players of all time if injury never savaged his career, let's not forget how phenomenal he was in 2002 despite being nowhere full fitness. At his peak i can barely think of any player who could run with the ball at the pace Ronaldo could and keep it under control.

Despite all of the players SBR has worked under and in his book he wasn't actually willing to name the greatest the way he was speaking of Ronaldo that he was the best he has had working under him.

Ronaldo's injuries are one thing, but there has also been a side of him that is all that is wrong with the game today and that is his entourage and his agents, them telling him to leave Barcelona where he was loving life and loving football, him actually crying when signing for Inter, the money, it all corrupted Ronaldo, this combined with his injuries are the reason we have the player we see infront of us right now.

The move to Madrid was also a wrong move in my eyes as he was never truly accepted by the Bernabeu faithful thus leaving Ronaldo resentful and not putting the maximum effort involved, despite still scoring sensationally, the fans would still give him stick and let Raul get away with doing absolutely nothing for the past three years.

When Ronaldo was at his pomp there were some great strikers around, Shearer, Batistuta, George Weah but Ronaldo was a step above them all. No striker of the last ten years can compare with Ronaldo's goal scoring record, and combine this with the injuries he has suffered, it really is remarkable.

Now this is more of a reflective compilation and shows Ronaldo at his peak and why he should be remembered as one of the greatest players to have ever graced the game and not the laughing stock many people now deem him to be.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...amp;file=R9.wmv

Edited by Jonny2J

Wouldn't have been possible to imagine someone that good but too have actually seen him play......Whoaaa! Such incredible balance and the speed at which he changed direction...

Always thought George Weah was a helluva a player though, very good in the air too.

Edited by Missed Sticks