Roeder targets striker in January

Craig

I really don't think that we were concentrating on signing Rossi and Sibierski, to be honest with you. The Bridge situation made it very difficult to sign him because it was wholly dependent on the Cole situation. Woodgate is someone not many fans wanted to risk. Campbell is the only big miss. I don't think anyone knows what went on behind the scenes in this transfer window, but Roeder's not stupid and anything the likes of you and I can see, he can see too. I daresay there are aspects of this we simply don't know about.

I hope that was aiming for irony, not profundity. :good:

Roeder started out with a sound theory on Newcastle's transfer problems, stop chucking money at anyone with a fancy name that looks good on youtube. Then tippy-toed around the transfer window like a frightened little mouse, because his criteria were too stringent. If he'd just loosened them up in the last fortnight based on necessity(reality), we'd probably be heading for Europe about now.

Re: the transfer window, anyone read the latest Mag? Bloke from the Daily Mirror is interviewed and basically confirms the total cock up we made of the whole thing. Apparently we pissed off Boro big style by bidding, on the last day, for Huth even though there was a gentleman's agrrement he was going to Boro that NUFC were well aware of. We then cheekily bid for Viduka a couple of hours later where Boro basically asked us if we were taking the piss before telling us to fuck off. :good:

You have to laugh like.

And yet the Boro chairman has come out publicly in defence of Shepherd over the Panorama :D scandal :no in the last couple of days?

Guest Patrokles

I really don't think that we were concentrating on signing Rossi and Sibierski, to be honest with you. The Bridge situation made it very difficult to sign him because it was wholly dependent on the Cole situation. Woodgate is someone not many fans wanted to risk. Campbell is the only big miss. I don't think anyone knows what went on behind the scenes in this transfer window, but Roeder's not stupid and anything the likes of you and I can see, he can see too. I daresay there are aspects of this we simply don't know about.

I hope that was aiming for irony, not profundity. :good:

Roeder started out with a sound theory on Newcastle's transfer problems, stop chucking money at anyone with a fancy name that looks good on youtube. Then tippy-toed around the transfer window like a frightened little mouse, because his criteria were too stringent. If he'd just loosened them up in the last fortnight based on necessity(reality), we'd probably be heading for Europe about now.

I was aiming for nothing more than common sense. None of us sat in Shepherd's office or had bugs on the SJP phones. Given his notoriety when it comes to meddling in transfers, and the various reports concerning differences in opinion this summer, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that the two men butted heads and in the end a compromise was reached at that no one is really that happy with.

we need both a fast centreback, 2 proper full backs, a right winger thats not past it and a couple of world class forwards.

we'll get some washed up has been in january...

only 6 players, just like that.

Why do you constantly deny that we need those players?

:good: