Viana Joins Valencia On Loan

Geordiesned

Bloody typical!

Translation:

The Portuguese midfield player Hugo Viana, who belongs to the Newcastle, will play yielded the present season in the Valencia CF, club that counts on an option of purchase by the soccer player to end of campaign. Hugo Viana, of 22 years, is international absolute by its country.

Well, I know a couple of German clubs who won't be too happy now because of what they were told by Fat Fred...

16625[/snapback]

But he will expect Viana to do relatively well in Spain and Valencia to have the readies if they want to make the deal permanent. Let's hope they do.

Going to Germany was perhaps seen as less of a risk- also there is the desperation factor setting in as we get nearer the window.

Well, I know a couple of German clubs who won't be too happy now because of what they were told by Fat Fred...

16625[/snapback]

But he will expect Viana to do relatively well in Spain and Valencia to have the readies if they want to make the deal permanent. Let's hope they do.

Going to Germany was perhaps seen as less of a risk- also there is the desperation factor setting in as we get nearer the window.

16638[/snapback]

Trouble is Valencia only really want him to replace Edu who is out for 6 months so the likelihood is that come the end of the loan deal they won't want to make his move permanent.

16638[/snapback]

It's just that I have it from a source I trust that Stuttgart were prepared to pay up to 7m Euro for him after the initial bid of a loan with an option to buy was rejected.

It's just that I have it from a source I trust that Stuttgart were prepared to pay up to 7m Euro for him after the initial bid of a loan with an option to buy was rejected.

Prepared to pay, or offered? We all know what a wiz Freddy is at negotiating, they probably went back with an offer of 5m euro and Freddy folded his arms and stomped off in a huff.

That's the guts of 5m stg, if he's turned that down in favour of a loan deal and a promise of...5 million stg he needs shooting, or worse.

16638[/snapback]

16643[/snapback]

7m Euros straight cash?

Seeing as we were valuing Viana at £4.5m in the Luque deal, we wouldn't have turned that down*

*Please note, the above point used conventional business logic. Any use of such logic by NUFC is purely coincidental.

16638[/snapback]

16643[/snapback]

7m Euros straight cash?

Seeing as we were valuing Viana at £4.5m in the Luque deal, we wouldn't have turned that down*

*Please note, the above point used conventional business logic. Any use of such logic by NUFC is purely coincidental.

16665[/snapback]

As much as I heard the representative of Stuttgart (Briem) first made a bid to loan Viana. That was rejected. Then Stuttgart asked how much Newcastle wanted to have for Viana and got told a double figure in Euro and shown that negotiating wouldn't make much sense. So Stuttgart said "Auf Wiedersehen" (what rather meant we won't come back here), spend their money on Gronkjaer and signed an unknown Croation (Carevic) from somewhere in Arabia.