Camilla's poppy

snakehips

Listening to talksport, and some of the people are going way over the top about her removing her poppy.

Okay, it was possibly, possibly, a foolhardy action, but the way some of the Daily Mail-esq callers are ranting is just embarassing tbh.

Why must we have to wear something to show our support/thanks/feelings?? Why do others need to see such demonstrations of thought??

It's a bit like religion imo. If something is in your heart, then visible demonstrations of one's feelings are unnecessary.

To think that Camilla would possibly have one iota of ill-feeling/uncaring thoughts towards people who gave their lives in conflict is just crass stupidity.

Could it be, shock horror, just another excuse to slag off the lady that is the hate figure for the masses????Ooooh, how cynical of me.

:lol:

Why did she remove it?

You're right about her being a hate figure mind. It's not her fault she's not Diana.

The story from 'the palace' is that it was removed as it was interfering with her head scarf. She and Chuck are in Pakistan (visiting Aimaad22 perhaps?) so I guess the headscarf was for that reason i.e. muslim state.

Why did she remove it?

You're right about her being a hate figure mind. It's not her fault she's not Diana.

The story from 'the palace' is that it was removed as it was interfering with her head scarf. She and Chuck are in Pakistan (visiting Aimaad22 perhaps?) so I guess the headscarf was for that reason i.e. muslim state.

Respecting living forruners over plucky-but-dead British heroes? Clearly asking for trouble tbh.

The poppy is NOT a religous symbol and the 11th of November is NOT a religous festival FFS

Lets remember that an awfull lot of Moslems from Pakistan died fighting for us in both wars

Just the Popualr Press working things up again -

Moslems/Pakistanis'/Camilla/Poppies

beats talking about climate change I guess

The poppy is NOT a religous symbol and the 11th of November is NOT a religous festival FFS

Lets remember that an awfull lot of Moslems from Pakistan died fighting for us in both wars

Just the Popualr Press working things up again -

Moslems/Pakistanis'/Camilla/Poppies

beats talking about climate change I guess

Who said it was, Rob??

Now we have some bint on the radio who describes herself thus:

'I am an officer of the Muswell Hill Royal British Legion...blah blah blah'

Am I supposed to be impressed by you being an 'officer'?? I have no doubt you do a fantastic job and raise lots of money that is well spent to help those in need. But why must you have to attach some crappy title to yourself???

I will make a point this year of not wearing a poppy. I will, however, put some money in the box, but I wont wear the poppy. I expect I'll be vilified now ?? :lol:

I shall remember all the allies soldiers who gave their lives unnecessarily and I will also spare a thought for all our 'enemies' who gave their lives when they were misguided in their following and fighting for ill-conceived ideals. Perhaps some of our 'enemies' didn't want to fight at all? Oooh, dangerous thoughts.