£600M Real Madrid TV deal (over 6 years!)

Lazarus

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=18305

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has revealed the club has sold it's television rights for a massive £600 million.

Without naming the company involved, Calderon declared: "It's the most important contract in the history of world-wide sport."

The mega deal will run over six years and the Real supremo assured more details will be made public in the coming days.

£600 million over 6 years - fecking hell! ;)

I could never work out how it would work that a club could sell their own tv rights. The only way I could see it working is if it was home games only. £600 million seems a lot for what would only be 180 home games at the most. over £3million per game? ;)

Even for home games how can that happen. They will have to pay the other teams some. They could by law demand half for each game they play against Real.

I can't see why they'd have to pay visiting teams, if you want to play in the competition you have to go and play away from home. When Real come to your ground you'll be able to sell the rights for a lot more. Is there really a law that says they must get half? Would be a bit unfair if a nobody team got the same money as the team that's the massive draw. Like giving the bloke who plays 2nd janitor on the left the same as Tom Cruise.

I wonder how much this deal will have the mega-snouts eg Manure, Chewsee/kenyon, Liverpool (possibly Portly Freddie as well) getting thoughts about wanting to cancel/re-negotiate the latest tv deal, in light of this astronomical deal for Real Madrid?

The new Premiership tv deal is signed and sealed and due to come in next season, but contracts these days seem to be just bits of paper that can be adhered to one day and used as bog paper the next.

Even for home games how can that happen. They will have to pay the other teams some. They could by law demand half for each game they play against Real.

I can't see why they'd have to pay visiting teams, if you want to play in the competition you have to go and play away from home. When Real come to your ground you'll be able to sell the rights for a lot more. Is there really a law that says they must get half? Would be a bit unfair if a nobody team got the same money as the team that's the massive draw. Like giving the bloke who plays 2nd janitor on the left the same as Tom Cruise.

Don't the visiting team get half the TV money in the FA Cup? I know they get half the gate receipts, unlike the Carling/UEFA Cups where the home team keeps it all.

Don't the visiting team get half the TV money in the FA Cup? I know they get half the gate receipts, unlike the Carling/UEFA Cups where the home team keeps it all.

Probably, but I think that's tradition rather than law.