Film and music Piracy.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

The internet in general has been massively beneficial to the small artists, what illegal music downloads has done is tougher to say, but overall it means they will be better off, but may have to gig for their cash.

I think it will become beneficial to up and coming film artists in the next couple of years, but their revenue streams will be more limited; probably advertising.

I played guitar for an up and coming 'Small artist' (whos been there and done it before with another band/ front cover Nme and that) and they travelled all the way from london to York , played the gig and got Payed little, so perhaps not :D

You cannot estimate how much anyone loses due to piracy due to the simple fact that not every copy of an album/film which has been downloaded illegally would have been bought in the first place.

I'd agree you can never be exact about these things; but you can certainly estimate it by looking at market size, growth, trends and the impact that the internet/piracy has had. It's the pirates themselves who've been truly crushed, I reckon. Won't somebody please think of the pirates?!