It's official....Arsenal are the suxx0Rz

Asprilla

More a case of having a go at 'political correctness' I would have thought, although they have focussed on the flag of St. George when all national flags have been banned.

Which is thinly vailed xenophobia IMO.

Banning flags is stupid though.

I honestly don't see how it is in this instance.

Continuing the "they come of here, steal our jobs, get Christmas banned" theme in my opinion.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More a case of having a go at 'political correctness' I would have thought, although they have focussed on the flag of St. George when all national flags have been banned.

Continuing the "they come of here, steal our jobs, get Christmas banned" theme in my opinion.

I haven't read the article but are you just assuming that? Aren't they just having a go at Arsenal?

So, I'd like it explained/clarified how that is. So unable to do so?

what?

What part of an opening line that says "ARSENAL have BANNED St George flags from the Emirates Stadium" isn't xenophobia? Any credible source would have said "All national flags" and not focused on the "OMG ST GEORGES CROSS BANNED" giving the impression that it is only that flag that has unless you read on.

Nice to see the trademark RANDOM capitalisation of SOME words as well :lol:

Edited by Sima

what?

So unable to see you put so at the start of every other sentence? To use you phrase: Have some of these :lol:;):D

And the Sun reporting banning the St George's flag at Highbury is such an obvious example of them inciting xenophobic hatred, then you won't have any problems explaining it in simple terms to me, will you?

I haven't read the article but are you just assuming that? Aren't they just having a go at Arsenal?

Maybe, that's why I said it was thinly veiled though.

what?

What part of an opening line that says "ARSENAL have BANNED St George flags from the Emirates Stadium" isn't xenophobia? Any credible source would have said "All national flags" and not focused on the "OMG ST GEORGES CROSS BANNED" giving the impression that it is only that flag that has unless you read on.

It's an English club in England though. If the same happened in Scotland, I reckon the focus would be the same. But because it's England, where you're not allowed to be patriotic it's xenophobic? I disagree.

what?

It's an English club in England though. If the same happened in Scotland, I reckon the focus would be the same. But because it's England, where you're not allowed to be patriotic it's xenophobic? I disagree.

You disagreeing with me? SHOCKER. No, seriously.

Still, never thought you'd stoop so low to agree with the sun to do it though. Kudos.

what?

You disagreeing with me? SHOCKER. No, seriously.

Still, never thought you'd stoop so low to agree with the sun to do it though. Kudos.

Go on then, explain how I'm 'agreeing with the Sun'?

what?

Particularly when national flags were banned because someone objected to Cyprus flag,.

You're defending the slant they've took on this story. You're defending them against accusations of being xenophobic as has been quite rightly pointed out the issue wasn't even about St George's cross but you see it fit to agree that it should be the focus of the story.

what?

Particularly when national flags were banned because someone objected to Cyprus flag,.

Fair enough, I can see where your coming from, however the Sun didn't even report that aspect which surely they could have if they were so intent on the xenophobic element, no?

From The Sun:

"ARSENAL have BANNED St George flags from the Emirates Stadium.

A club statement said: “Some of our fans have been upset with flags denoting particular regions of the world.

“Arsenal prides itself on being inclusive with respect to all nationalities, cultural and ethnic groups.

“Only flags in support of Arsenal, without national emblems, are displayed within the stadium with immediate effect.”

You're defending the slant they've took on this story. You're defending them against accusations of being xenophobic as has been quite rightly pointed out the issue wasn't even about St George's cross but you see it fit to agree that it should be the focus of the story.

Thanks, a proper answer. Wasn't so difficult was it?

Why focus on a cypriot flag? What a dull story that would be, hardly going to incite Pro-Ingurland xenophobia. Far better to report to the cretins that the St George's cross has been banned.

I didn't say focus on that, I meant that could have been used in the article too.

Why have flags become symbols of xenophobia to you?

It's the flag of this country and where they have their stadium.

Do you think The Sun shouldn't support England in international competitions for fear of "offending" other nationalities who live here? (Genuine question BTW :lol:)

But like I said it would have been dull and detracted from their agenda.

Keep up at the back.

Possibly. What most pisses me off in any case is that one little complaint (or a small amount of complaints) can lead to a ridiculous blanket ban on something like this.

Do you think The Sun shouldn't support England in international competitions for fear of "offending" other nationalities who live here? (Genuine question BTW :lol:)

Where have I said flags are symbols of xenophobia?

You've missed my point so much it's unbelievable. Have a word with yourself, come back and ask a more relevant question.

Do you think The Sun shouldn't support England in international competitions for fear of "offending" other nationalities who live here? (Genuine question BTW ;))

Where have I said flags are symbols of xenophobia?

You've missed my point so much it's unbelievable. Have a word with yourself, come back and ask a more relevant question.

Gosh you are difficult. :lol: