This Life + 10

Guest alex

Aye, pretty flat. Maybe should have done it over 2 or 3 episodes, seemed like they were rushing to get it all in to an hour and 20 minutes or whatever it was. Lass I work with is a massive fan and said she was 'disgusted' at how poor it was. Oh dear.

It was shite tbh.

I thought the same but I was being polite. Wor lass made the point that if we'd been a bit older when it was on first time, we'd (i.e. me and her) probably have hated the characters (or at least liked them a lot less). And :lol: @ SLP's colleague.

I thought the original series was nothing special at all (despite all the hype) so i didn't bother with this and it sounds like i didn't miss anything!

It rarely works well if you leave something for ages and then go back to it. The recent Royal Family special wasn't a patch on the original series either.

I think it was very much of its time too. Thought it seemed dated whenever I saw reruns. And all lawyers are the scum of the earth.

Well i was a head of you then, as i didn't think much of it when it was its time! I didn't think it was bad at all, it was watchable but compared to the hype/hyperbole being bandied about it was nothing to write home about.

I enjoyed it at the time. Plus, from what I remember, it didn't become hyped up as such till it had finished.

Possibly, but i heard a fair few people (in the media and just people you know/work with) banging on about it as if it was the greatest drama ever.

Often happens in this country though, when something half decent appears it gets overhyped comp[ared to some of the other crap thats about!

Too young to have seen it at the time, but I thought this was crap. Didn't really believe any of the characters, and the storyline just seemed stupid. Sort of a catch-22 situation though I would imagine: Everyone who loved it at the time would want another episode, but programs like that are often going to date very quickly.