I've just made..

catmag

Cheesecake is foul. B)

FREAK!

:woosh:

I tend to agree. Got to be the best dessert ever :o

Cheesecake is hit and miss as a dessert. If its too dry then it needs lashings of cream. Tesco's cheesecake base is a case in point, has this strange consistency. Its all about the base. I'd like to try the ginger snap style. Tupperware box to the usual address please.

I should put a price on it!

I'm making spaghetti bolognaise for tea aswell. None of your jar sauces either mind - it'll be tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, lean mince and herbs. Anyone want any of that an'all? :o

I also like to add red pesto, some red wine and controversially, a bit of sugar. What type of pasta?

Tagliatelle tonight.

Penne tbh. I have to wear a bib if i eat long pasta.

Scruff ;) Penne just rolls all over the place. Use a fork and a spoon like normal people :puke:

Oh and you can also use a couple of Oxo cubes in the sauce if you want to make it a bit richer - it's canny. That's the only decent piece of advice I ever got from my ex mother-in-law...

I cant have spaghetti if i'm in a white shirt but tbf i eat it like an Italian ;)

Penne is lush, all the sauce gets inside the tubes (oo er missus).

Oxo cubes are all good as is worcester sauce a la midds.

I think it must be nearly time to go back to Strada actually. We had a canny night there and the food was lush. I also got kisses on the way out from at least 2 of the waiters so it's all good.. ;)

I think it must be nearly time to go back to Strada actually. We had a canny night there and the food was lush. I also got kisses on the way out from at least 2 of the waiters so it's all good.. ;)

La strada? You mean Antonio then? Good lad, from the south of Italy so he is sound (its the opposite way round round over there)

La strada? You mean Antonio then? Good lad, from the south of Italy so he is sound (its the opposite way round round over there)

The new one in town? I was talking to him before we left and he was lovely. There was me and 11 of the lads off here so I must have looked like the sensible one :o

The new one in town? I was talking to him before we left and he was lovely. There was me and 11 of the lads off here so I must have looked like the sensible one :o

The one on old eldon square aye. My mate is the manager. She sorted us out a table last minute on NYE. Lush food there for a chain restaurant.

The one on old eldon square aye. My mate is the manager. She sorted us out a table last minute on NYE. Lush food there for a chain restaurant.

Aye, it even got Renton's seal of approval :puke: I'll definitely be going back like.

Aye, it even got Renton's seal of approval :puke: I'll definitely be going back like.

Surley Renton cant have known it was a chain then? Hes far too snobby for chains.

I've still got a voucher for a free bottle of wine there, which is nice.

Surley Renton cant have known it was a chain then? Hes far too snobby for chains.

I've still got a voucher for a free bottle of wine there, which is nice.

Aye, me too. Well I've got 2 actually - I nicked Steve's cos he doesn't drink :o

Will be making shepherd's pie from scratch tonight, plus chocolate brownies for afters.

This new year's resolution about cooking more stuff properly is proving surprisingly easy to keep. It's the one about the waistline that's suffering as a result... ;)

Will be making shepherd's pie from scratch tonight, plus chocolate brownies for afters.

This new year's resolution about cooking more stuff properly is proving surprisingly easy to keep. It's the one about the waistline that's suffering as a result... ;)

Despite going all Nigella today, I never make shepherd's pie so I don't have any top tips for you :o

Edited by catmag

Euphemism tbh.

This new year's resolution about cooking more stuff properly is proving surprisingly easy to keep. It's the one about the waistline that's suffering as a result... :o

Euphemism tbh.

beat me to it !! ;)

This new year's resolution about cooking more stuff properly is proving surprisingly easy to keep. It's the one about the waistline that's suffering as a result... :o

Euphemism tbh.

beat me to it !! :o

;):puke:

Shepherd's pie turned out nice, but I never got round to stabbing my rolling pin into some chocolate for a dose of hot brownie action. ;)