Aston Villa and West Ham

LeazesMag

Do NOT get into the logic game. It will result in:

1. Denial

2. Mr Tangential going off on something diametrically opposed to what you have said

3. Abuse when he realises he is making a tit of himself

4. Complete lack of understanding of the points you make.

5th Best board in the last ten years.......

I think some of his defensive work when defending at the far post to an attack on our right side has been very good. His blocking, tackling, courage, heading - all necessary for a central defender - all seem natural to him.
I'm honestly getting a feeling that he may be good, the things he does well are what you want. Def want to see him play there.

Fuck off man :blink::)

To be fair to him, he has a right to gloat a little on this occasion.

I'm not gloating, but I confidently predict that their "plan" to win the premiership doesn't succeed, unless they get the "right" manager..........

I still wish we'd got O'Neill though :up:

I'm not sure he's that good. Time will tell. There are others I would rather have had, although I wouldn't like to name people because nobody stands out like managers in the past did ie Clough, Ferguson etc. Too many people think O'Neill will be like Clough simply because he played for him and is outspoken like he was. It means nothing. You then look at the foreigners, and there are a few good candidates, but we got our hands bitten off with Gullit - who was backed by a large section of the clubs support at the time. We don't want someone who doesn't understand the potential or capability of the club, but having said that, we have played 100 times in europe so should be fairly well known abroad by now......

As for Curbishley, average manager, builds average teams, nothing more, nothing less.

Have you read Clough's autobiography out of interest? Did you rate Clough's judegement? Iirc Clough rated O'Neill very highly. Still, I can recall several posts from you where you have stated he is no better than Souness.

Btw, Villa are ONE point below us. Anyone care for a wager who will finish with more points this year, us or them? What about next year? Unbelieveable that anyone could be laughing at how badly Villa are doing when you look at our own position tbh. As for West Ham, how have they "planned" anything this year?

yes I have read his autobiography. What does it matter if he rates O'Neill highly ? Aren't there others he says he rates highly? Bobby Robson rated Bryan Robson highly ! Matt Busby rated Wilf McGuiness highly, doesn't half of football rate Ray Wilkins highly ? How many players are rated as top potential managers ??

There are hundreds. The FA think Steve McLaren is the best man for the England job .........

I've no idea what West Ham are "planning", and to be honest I hope the cockney wankers go down and they "plan" to stay there. However, appointing a manager like Alan Curbishley wouldn't figure in any ambitious plan that I had for a football club !!!!!!

1. Denial

2. Mr Tangential going off on something diametrically opposed to what you have said

I think some of his defensive work when defending at the far post to an attack on our right side has been very good. His blocking, tackling, courage, heading - all necessary for a central defender - all seem natural to him.
I'm honestly getting a feeling that he may be good, the things he does well are what you want. Def want to see him play there.

ah.......now those quotes are things I thought he was doing well and warranted a further look at. However, you have to say the last few games, especially West Ham, he WAS carrying an injury. I don't see anything saying I "rate" him ....... :blink: and there was nothing stopping you logging in while you were there we don't bite you know :)

I'm not gloating, but I confidently predict that their "plan" to win the premiership doesn't succeed, unless they get the "right" manager..........

I'm not sure he's that good. Time will tell. There are others I would rather have had, although I wouldn't like to name people because nobody stands out like managers in the past did ie Clough, Ferguson etc. Too many people think O'Neill will be like Clough simply because he played for him and is outspoken like he was. It means nothing. You then look at the foreigners, and there are a few good candidates, but we got our hands bitten off with Gullit - who was backed by a large section of the clubs support at the time. We don't want someone who doesn't understand the potential or capability of the club, but having said that, we have played 100 times in europe so should be fairly well known abroad by now......

As for Curbishley, average manager, builds average teams, nothing more, nothing less.

Have you read Clough's autobiography out of interest? Did you rate Clough's judegement? Iirc Clough rated O'Neill very highly. Still, I can recall several posts from you where you have stated he is no better than Souness.

Btw, Villa are ONE point below us. Anyone care for a wager who will finish with more points this year, us or them? What about next year? Unbelieveable that anyone could be laughing at how badly Villa are doing when you look at our own position tbh. As for West Ham, how have they "planned" anything this year?

yes I have read his autobiography. What does it matter if he rates O'Neill highly ? Aren't there others he says he rates highly? Bobby Robson rated Bryan Robson highly ! Matt Busby rated Wilf McGuiness highly, doesn't half of football rate Ray Wilkins highly ? How many players are rated as top potential managers ??

There are hundreds. The FA think Steve McLaren is the best man for the England job .........

I've no idea what West Ham are "planning", and to be honest I hope the cockney wankers go down and they "plan" to stay there. However, appointing a manager like Alan Curbishley wouldn't figure in any ambitious plan that I had for a football club !!!!!!

However, Glenn Roeder would...... :P

1. Denial

ah.......now those quotes are things I thought he was doing well and warranted a further look at. However, you have to say the last few games, especially West Ham, he WAS carrying an injury. I don't see anything saying I "rate" him ....... :) and there was nothing stopping you logging in while you were there we don't bite you know :up:

This is the writing of a man trying to wriggle out of corner!!! :blink:

1. Denial

ah.......now those quotes are things I thought he was doing well and warranted a further look at. However, you have to say the last few games, especially West Ham, he WAS carrying an injury. I don't see anything saying I "rate" him ....... :) and there was nothing stopping you logging in while you were there we don't bite you know :up:

This is the writing of a man trying to wriggle out of corner!!! :blink:

not in the slightest. Steve Taylor he ain't .......

However, Glenn Roeder would...... :suicide:

tsch tsch........you keep making things up mate..... you won't find anywhere saying Roeder would have been top choice of mine anymore than you will anything saying Ramage is a quality central defender.....

:P

tsch tsch........you keep making things up mate..... you won't find anywhere saying Roeder would have been top choice of mine anymore than you will anything saying Ramage is a quality central defender.....

:P

Staggering!

:up::blink::)

Edited by gram

:)

So what the fuck is your point or are you being even more obtuse than normal? :blink:

Tbf to Villa i'll wait until the end of the season and then see where they are compared to us. I think that losing Luke Moore was a blow and i expect them to be more potent in attack now. They'll have a decent front 3 imo. I think O'Neill has a definite idea of how he wants Villa to play and what type of player he needs. I think he exceeds Roeder in this.

As far as West Ham. You just get the feeling that it all went wrong with the takeover being endlessly imminent and i got the feeling that Pardew wasn't overly keen on the the 2 Argintinians. Ashton breaking his ankle put a spanner in the works too. I think they should have stuck with Pardew, can't say that Curbs seems any better to me.