Aston Villa and West Ham

LeazesMag

Fuck off man :blink::)

To be fair to him, he has a right to gloat a little on this occasion.

I'm not gloating, but I confidently predict that their "plan" to win the premiership doesn't succeed, unless they get the "right" manager..........

I'm not gloating, but I confidently predict that their "plan" to win the premiership doesn't succeed, unless they get the "right" manager..........

I still wish we'd got O'Neill though :up:

So if they don't win the Premiership they've failed?

Does that mean Shepherd failed because we never won it either?

I'm not sure he's that good. Time will tell. There are others I would rather have had, although I wouldn't like to name people because nobody stands out like managers in the past did ie Clough, Ferguson etc. Too many people think O'Neill will be like Clough simply because he played for him and is outspoken like he was. It means nothing. You then look at the foreigners, and there are a few good candidates, but we got our hands bitten off with Gullit - who was backed by a large section of the clubs support at the time. We don't want someone who doesn't understand the potential or capability of the club, but having said that, we have played 100 times in europe so should be fairly well known abroad by now......

As for Curbishley, average manager, builds average teams, nothing more, nothing less.

my point is fairly straightforward. It is that "plans" win you nothing. Only the "right" manager does that, and only 2 clubs per season have the "right" manager.

And will it be a success if they form the 5th best club over the next couple of years? Especially if you take their starting position into account after being liberated from a "shit board".

Edited by Isegrim

my point is fairly straightforward. It is that "plans" win you nothing. Only the "right" manager does that, and only 2 clubs per season have the "right" manager.

So you can tell they won't win anything from being in a job a few months?

I'm not sure he's that good. Time will tell. There are others I would rather have had, although I wouldn't like to name people because nobody stands out like managers in the past did ie Clough, Ferguson etc. Too many people think O'Neill will be like Clough simply because he played for him and is outspoken like he was. It means nothing. You then look at the foreigners, and there are a few good candidates, but we got our hands bitten off with Gullit - who was backed by a large section of the clubs support at the time. We don't want someone who doesn't understand the potential or capability of the club, but having said that, we have played 100 times in europe so should be fairly well known abroad by now......

As for Curbishley, average manager, builds average teams, nothing more, nothing less.

Was reading one of your comments on that board you have with half a dozen people. Nice to see you rate Peter Ramage at centre half but not O'Neill as a manager.

Top class judgement.

:P

Edited by gram

Fuck off man :):up:

I still wish we'd got O'Neill though :P

Was reading one of your comments on that board you have with half a dozen people. Nice to see you rate Peter Ramage at centre half but not O'Neill as a manager.

Top class judgement.

:yes

He also rates Carr! :blink:

BTW he sounds like Alan Oliver in the piece I've highlighted. :suicide:

And will it be a success if they form the 5th best club over the next couple of years? Especially if you take their starting position into account after being liberated from a "shit board".

Maybe their "plan" is to qualify for europe as often as we have done ?

Top class judgement.

:P

link ?

I have said Taylor will play for England, but not Ramage, unless you can find such a statement !

Top class judgement.

:suicide:

link ?

I have said Taylor will play for England, but not Ramage, unless you can find such a statement !

You're just desperate to get another link to you forum on here tbh :blink:

Top class judgement.

link ?

Top class judgement.

:yes

link ?

no, a link to me saying I rate Ramage would be canny but I doubt he will find such a statement.

Anyway, as previously stated, those "plans" of Villa and West Ham are getting along nicely.

Have you read Clough's autobiography out of interest? Did you rate Clough's judegement? Iirc Clough rated O'Neill very highly. Still, I can recall several posts from you where you have stated he is no better than Souness.

Btw, Villa are ONE point below us. Anyone care for a wager who will finish with more points this year, us or them? What about next year? Unbelieveable that anyone could be laughing at how badly Villa are doing when you look at our own position tbh. As for West Ham, how have they "planned" anything this year?