Roeder Vs NUFC?

Howaythetoon

Gemmill made an interesting point about Roeder's comments today, being similar to what he spouted in the Summer which impressed many, myself included. If you can't remember what he was talking about in the Summer he was talking about Directors of Football, better scouting, bringing through younger players, spending wisely, new training, diet and fitness medthods etc. Just what the club needs we all thought.

Today though we now know this talk to be nowt more than that, just talk - none of those things have happened or look like happening. However, if you take that Roeder does indeed have all these plans and wants to do this and that which I'm sure at least in his own head anyway that he does (if not the actual skills to pull these things off), could it be he isn't being allowed to by the club who as we all know, don't like relinquishing full control?

Even SBR wasn't allowed to do what he wanted to do. Remember the time he was blocked from bringing in ProZone and the issues he had with the pitch, not to mention having his assistant (Wadsworth) removed because the club wanted Geordie Carver in the mix, then there was Clarkie being given a job under Souness and Terry Mac being brought back. And lets not even talk about the club's interference in transfers. SBR's book is proof positive of that.

I don't know where I'm going with this like but I just find it strange that what Roeder does is a lot different to what he says, and although I realise a lot of managers are like that, but I'm not talking about his inane we could have 2 players in within 2 days type comments here (all managers talk shite in that sense), I'm talking about his plans, his blueprint which I don't think he'd deviate from unless he had no choice in the matter.

God knows we need these things (and so does he) Roeder talked enthusiastically and in depth about in the Summer, but we seem no nearer to these changes or even look remotely like adopting a few of them.

Maybe it isn't so hard to understand why the likes of Big Sam and MON did turn us down afterall, and perhaps why Souness latched oto Shearer like a lovesick teenager in the way he did, as a means to wrestle a bit of power away from the boardroom, or an ally.

Anyway it seems to me there is only one man who the board would give full control over to, Shearer himself, or that he is the only one who could stand up to them because he is bigger than them and in many ways, bigger than the club.

Actually, you can now see why they choose Roeder, someone who despite his grande plans, is just happy to be given a chance to manage a Premiership club, someone who would never stand up to them and demand full co-operation, someone they can control.

Gemmill made an interesting point about Roeder's comments today, being similar to what he spouted in the Summer which impressed many, myself included. If you can't remember what he was talking about in the Summer he was talking about Directors of Football, better scouting, bringing through younger players, spending wisely, new training, diet and fitness medthods etc. Just what the club needs we all thought.

Today though we now know this talk to be nowt more than that, just talk - none of those things have happened or look like happening. However, if you take that Roeder does indeed have all these plans and wants to do this and that which I'm sure at least in his own head anyway that he does (if not the actual skills to pull these things off), could it be he isn't being allowed to by the club who as we all know, don't like relinquishing full control?

Even SBR wasn't allowed to do what he wanted to do. Remember the time he was blocked from bringing in ProZone and the issues he had with the pitch, not to mention having his assistant (Wadsworth) removed because the club wanted Geordie Carver in the mix, then there was Clarkie being given a job under Souness and Terry Mac being brought back. And lets not even talk about the club's interference in transfers. SBR's book is proof positive of that.

I don't know where I'm going with this like but I just find it strange that what Roeder does is a lot different to what he says, and although I realise a lot of managers are like that, but I'm not talking about his inane we could have 2 players in within 2 days type comments here (all managers talk shite in that sense), I'm talking about his plans, his blueprint which I don't think he'd deviate from unless he had no choice in the matter.

God knows we need these things (and so does he) Roeder talked enthusiastically and in depth about in the Summer, but we seem no nearer to these changes or even look remotely like adopting a few of them.

Maybe it isn't so hard to understand why the likes of Big Sam and MON did turn us down afterall, and perhaps why Souness latched oto Shearer like a lovesick teenager in the way he did, as a means to wrestle a bit of power away from the boardroom, or an ally.

Anyway it seems to me there is only one man who the board would give full control over to, Shearer himself, or that he is the only one who could stand up to them because he is bigger than them and in many ways, bigger than the club.

Actually, you can now see why they choose Roeder, someone who despite his grande plans, is just happy to be given a chance to manage a Premiership club, someone who would never stand up to them and demand full co-operation, someone they can control.

The problem we have here is small company syndrome, where there is no transparency or oversight in the affairs of the club. Deciscion making is reactive and often little removed from fire fighting ( ie fitness and transfer issues) when it should really be pro-active. Ultimately the only real way forward for this club will be if we end up with a similar structure to Barcelona.

The problem we have here is small company syndrome, where there is no transparency or oversight in the affairs of the club. Deciscion making is reactive and often little removed from fire fighting ( ie fitness and transfer issues) when it should really be pro-active. Ultimately the only real way forward for this club will be if we end up with a similar structure to Barcelona.

The Barcelona model would be fantastic but I can't see that ever happening at Newcastle.

Are you suggesting that someone else has waffled? :lol:

The Barcelona model would be fantastic but I can't see that ever happening at Newcastle.

fucking Barcelona

people fucking forget Barcelona were started on that model when the club was created, over 100 years ago

how that is relevant today is beyond me FFS