Stockmarket announcement - Luque transfer

Isegrim

RNS Number:6028Q

Newcastle United PLC

30 August 2005

30 August 2005

NEWCASTLE UNITED PLC

Transfer Agreement - Albert Luque

The Directors of Newcastle United PLC are pleased to announce that agreement has

been reached with Deportivo La Coruna whereby Newcastle United has purchased the

registration of Albert Luque (27) for a fee of €14.7m.

The player has agreed personal terms and signed a 5 year contract ending in June

That's 10'009'230 GBP.

Is this not dependant on whether or not we keep any accounts in Euros?

I would expect a large company dealing with business in Europe would always keep a large amount of Euros, purchased when exchange rates were favourable to allow us to compete on a better footing with other European clubs. If this was the case we could have secured him for as little as £8,400,000 if funds were secured at best rate.

I'm not doubting what you've posted, just wondering.

Is this not dependant on whether or not we keep any accounts in Euros?

I would expect a large company dealing with business in Europe would always keep a large amount of Euros, purchased when exchange rates were favourable to allow us to compete on a better footing with other European clubs. If this was the case we could have secured him for as little as £8,400,000 if funds were secured at best rate.

I'm not doubting what you've posted, just wondering.

23107[/snapback]

I would expect a company some of whose directors go whoring in Spain and one of who l"lives" in Gibraltar to use ALL those Euros myself.............

I wouldn't want Doug to have to pay any bank charges