What should happen...

TheMoog

Guest alex

What I'm saying is, at the time, no one would have asked for Souness back once Roeder had replaced him. Anyone was better than Souness at the time, just as now anyone is better than Roeder, ergo the 'anyone better' argument doesn't necessarily get you anywhere.

In much the same way as Allardyce wouldn't necessarily do well here is non-comittal. My 'better than Roeder' comment was a bit flippant but I think Allardyce would do well here, especially with the current state of affairs. If Roeder doesn't go this summer I think it'll end in tears. Again.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness had a much better squad and the quality of football that team played was atrocious. Results have been similar when arguably the competition in the prem has improved this season. Therefore, for me, Roeder > Souness.

I'm not sure about two things in that post - the much better squad, or the competition in the Premiership improving. Either way, we are no better off under Roeder than we were under Souness, so the argument over who is marginally less poor than the other doesn't really matter. We've still got a shit manager, and we're still playing shit football. :(

Guest alex

The Premiership is very average outside the top 4 and Liverpool and Arsenal have been less than brilliant domestically imo.

Guest alex

seeing as he's only ever worked for Bolton

His successful spells at Limerick, Blackpool and Notts County don't count at all then? ;)

How is that relevant to managing in the Premiership in the current era?

How is it not a valid reponse to the point you made? :P

His successful spells at Limerick, Blackpool and Notts County don't count at all then? ;)

How is it not a valid reponse to the point you made? <_<

I didn't think it needed qualifying :P

Guest alex

Quite ironic given your penchance for pedantry I'd say.

Quite ironic given your penchance for pedantry I'd say.

nadgers to you too :blush:

Souness had a much better squad and the quality of football that team played was atrocious. Results have been similar when arguably the competition in the prem has improved this season. Therefore, for me, Roeder > Souness.

Aye and I think Roeders injury list has been significantly worse (although it got bad under Souness too - in fact it's been bad under every manager I can think of really).

Although I can't see Roeder setting the Premiership alight next year, but equally I can't see him getting us relegated either, assuming he's still here.

Aye and I think Roeders injury list has been significantly worse (although it got bad under Souness too - in fact it's been bad under every manager I can think of really).

Although I can't see Roeder setting the Premiership alight next year, but equally I can't see him getting us relegated either, assuming he's still here.

I can. Mid-table is the best we can hope for under Roeder.