Allardyce set to become Newcastle boss by May 14

Jimbo

I don't mean to come across all Leazes Mag, but there's an awful lot of management bullshit in that piece. A man whose job it is to "blue-sky". WTF?! I'm guessing Shepherd isn't a big fan of brainstorming and ramping it up.

I actually agree with you on that, there's fuck all worse than all of that management spin talk, cannot stand it.

Unless it's Alan Johnson doing the spin. ;)

It's true that a lot of management gabble is complete bollocks, but a lot of the procedures under that guff seem pretty sound in this instance.

Especially given our penchant for signing players that don't settle and/or perform here.

I'm not sure NUFC needs "buzzwords" and such, but we do need the backroom stuff to be ran much more professionally and in a much more complete and complementary way.

Aye agree with that. There's plenty good stuff in the article, it's just some of the management cobblers that lets the bloke down.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think big sam is the man to get us champions league football - but i do think he's the right man to 'sort us out'.

the next manager has the huge taask of basically sorting out the clubs entire playing, scouting and coaching infrastructure.

This tbh.

I think he could get us CL football, he's looked like doing it a few times with Bolton but for one reason or another didn't make it, last season he looked like doing it but Bolton went to pieces when he was linked with the England job, I see no reason for him not to do it here with better players and money to spend.

It'll take time though, he'll need 2 or 3 years to get the club on the right track IMO.

I dont think big sam is the man to get us champions league football - but i do think he's the right man to 'sort us out'.

the next manager has the huge taask of basically sorting out the clubs entire playing, scouting and coaching infrastructure.

This tbh.

I think he could get us CL football, he's looked like doing it a few times with Bolton but for one reason or another didn't make it, last season he looked like doing it but Bolton went to pieces when he was linked with the England job, I see no reason for him not to do it here with better players and money to spend.

It'll take time though, he'll need 2 or 3 years to get the club on the right track IMO.

Since when?

Both last season and this season he hasn't been far off 4th place, only to fall off at the end for one reason or another.

EDIT - In the 2004/05 season they finished 3 points off the CL places.

Edited by Baggio

so was Bellamy and yet you are not allowed to forget what an odious shite hawk he was.

As players, Keane and Bellamy were light years apart. You can out up with Keane 'cos he was exceptional. Bellany wasnt and never will be.

Fuckin ell, Allardyce sounds like one of the twat-end HR managers we have here.

SA "OK everyone, i want you all to break out into groups and go away and think about what 'our mission' is for next season. See if you can think of 3 things you want to acheive in life and 3 things you want to achieve with the club and we'll see if we can align these into a collective 'team vision'. Just a quick heads-up, tomorrow at the branding workshop we're doing the aspirational thinking class we discussed at lunch. Terry, do you want to add to that?"

TM "Aye, whos pinched me Racing Post?"

Sports psychology - it's not exactly new people

You think Souness and Roeder use it ?

Got any evidence they don't? Roeder gave Dyer the armband for motivational reasons.

And thank fuck he did, otherwise we might have lost.........

Got any evidence they don't? Roeder gave Dyer the armband for motivational reasons.

You can't polish a turd

You can't polish a turd

But you can use psychology to get the turd to believe its polished!

Doesn't the whole bung fiasco bother anyone else?

Yep but when you considered the financial dealings of FFS and Feckless Hall, tbh even if Allerdyce is guilty of everything said and more, we've already GOT bigger crooks here anyway. :panic: